Chapter Nine

The next day went by really fast. Theatre, Math, English, and finally Photography. In photography today we had a work block because Mr. Brown was still getting the classroom the way he wanted.

I figured this would be the perfect time to talk to Michael. I had gotten a picture of Michael as he was leaving on his bike. I wasn't exactly sure what his expression was, he looked happy but he also looked a little disappointed. I wonder if I'll ever know why he had that expression, but part of me really wanted to know.

We spent the whole block talking. This is what Mr. Brown wanted us to do right? He wanted us to understand the look behind the camera.

I learned a lot about Michael. His father had died when he was only three. His mother owned a photography studio. The does explain why a guy is in a photography class. He bikes everywhere because his mom can't afford a car.

Michael learned a lot about me too. I don't know why I was so open with him. He was open with me. I told him about my past. I told him about Jessica and Joseph. Obviously, I told him about Avery too. I was surprised how understanding and caring he was when I told him about my parents and me being adopted.

I think I may have a tiny crush on him.