Chapter Three

Saying I was excited for school today would be an overstatement. I wasn't looking forward to school. Seeing my friends, though is another story. Well, seeing my friend. Her name is Avery. We have been best friends ever since I moved in with Jessica and Joseph. She was the first person I met after I moved there. She lives right next door. You may think it is silly that I'm looking forward to seeing her so much, if we live right next to each other. Well, she has been gone all summer. Every summer for two months, she goes to Florida to visit her grandmother. Her parents aren't able to afford it, but her grandmother can. Her grandmother's grandfather used to own plantations in Georgia, so she is very rich. Every year her grandmother flies all twenty of her grandkids to live with her in her mansion in Florida. I was very excited to see Avery again. We text every day, but it just isn't the same.

This is our senior year, so we have some choice in what classes we take. We still have to take Math and English, but the rest is up to us. I have chosen to take theatre, only because Avery had begged me for the last three years. No kidding. I didn't really know what to take for my last class of the day, and I don't know what I want after high school, so I took a photography class thinking it would be an easy A.

The first thing I did as I walked into Los Angeles high school was get my lock and locker number. Oh yeah, I lived in California, sorry if I hadn't mentioned that yet. I wasn't surprised when I saw Avery right next to my locker, because our last names are so close. That's another reason why we were so close.

We have all our classes together except for photography. She took an extra english class because she wants to be a writer for Broadway, hence the theatre class. We took our time walking to math because we weren't super thrilled for the class. Don't get me wrong we aren't horrible in math, but it's not our forte. We chose to sit in the back of the class, so we could talk. Every teacher in the school know that we talk the whole time. We're not disrespectful about it so they usually don't care. Math was typical, we got our books, and a group of problems for homework.

We hurried to English because we get the best teacher in the school, Mrs. Painter. Yeah it's kind of ironic because she is a terrible artist. She may not be a good artist, but she is a great teacher. She doesn't give out homework; she only assigns group projects. We even get to pick our own partners. Today she assigned us to write a short play to act out next Friday. This is going to be easy for Avery and me.

We didn't do much in theatre all we did was read out of last year's play, Beauty in the Beast. He hasn't picked out the play this year, but you can guarantee that Avery will get the lead. I will just get an ordinary part, but that fine with me. After class we separated ways. I wonder how Photography will go.