Chapter Two

My life before I came to Jessica and Joseph’s was not a very good one.  My parents’ died in a car crash when I was only two years old.  They were driving on the way to my daycare from their work—they had worked at the same business.  A semi-truck was coming from the ramp and collided with their car.  They were killed on impact.  My mother was pregnant with their second child.  I don’t remember them much except that my mother had golden blonde locks and my father had a scraggly beard.  I know that they loved my very much.  I just wished I could see them one last time.  I carry their wedding picture everywhere.

My only aunt had adopted me, but she was going to college so she had to give me up after a year.  Since then, I have been going from one foster home to another.  I’ve been at Jessica and Joseph’s the longest.  I only lasted at the other foster homes for two years.  I had never been adopted because I didn’t want to.  That may be surprising, but I believed that no one could replace my mom and dad.  I would purposely make them not like me.  That was the only reason why I left foster homes. They didn’t want to take care of me for the long haul, so after two years they sent me off to the next one.  Three years or so after I came to Jessica and Joseph’s did I realize that no one would replace my mom and dad, they would just be there for me when I needed them.