Chapter Eight

Michael's POV

I was confused by Mr. Brown's assignment. How could you find the meaning behind a face? If someone smiles, they're happy. There isn't much more than that. Is there?

I had taken the photography class because I love photography. That may be dorky since I'm a guy. My mother owns a photography business and I have been helping her since I was five. It just came naturally to me.

I decided that I'd go to the park because I figured there would be a lot of people there. I was partially right, there were a lot of kids there. I was going to head back to my bike when I saw a girl from my class walking over to the park.

She looked confident, and I quickly snapped a picture. I was glad I snapped it quick because her smile quickly faded once she realized that it was mostly children here. I was going to take another picture, but then I realized she was trying to take a picture of me. I put my camera in my backpack and started making my way over to her.

I wanted to know her name, so I gave her mine first. Her name was Camryn. That is such a pretty name just like she was. Wait, why was I thinking that. I had never had a crush on someone and now I was calling a girl I didn't even know pretty. I hope she didn't see the way I had looked at her, but I didn't want to make it obvious. We talked a little bit longer, then I left.

I had gotten two things. One, I had gotten a picture for my photography class. Two, I had gotten the urge to get to know her.