I sighed and ran a hand through my hair roughly. I was stressed beyond belief. I was still managing pack business after the war. It was chaos.

                “Ok. Can you tell me of total casualties and injuries we have at the moment,” I asked the doctor.

                “The total rose to 31 fatalities today. No one is now in a critical condition. All are now stable. We shouldn’t be expecting any more deaths,” the doctor replied.

                “Shouldn’t?” I questioned.

                The doctor looked nervous then and his eyes flickered towards Jen before flicking back to me. A protective growl left my mouth out of instinct. She wasn’t going to die. No she wasn’t. It wasn’t happening.

                The doctor took that as his cue to leave. I was left alone in the room. I placed my head against the bed and sighed. Thirty one lives lost. Two more deaths today. It had been a day since the war. There were twelve rogues in our dungeons. Twenty five rogues had made a run for it and the rest were dead.

                I notified the Werewolf council of what had happened. I told them about the rogues and how we defeated them. They were extremely relieved at the threat having been taken down. They were coming to see us in two weeks-time once we had sorted everything out. I didn’t mention Jen otherwise things would get said and be mentioned. I didn’t want them accusing and taking her away from me. I wouldn’t allow it. I would fight for her.

                The funerals for all of the fallen warriors were going to happen tomorrow. There were so many distraught families but they had fought for a noble purpose. We had saved our pack and further packs. We put an end to all of the cruelty. That was worth fighting for. I felt so broken and torn. I felt so emotionally drained.

                My arm was slashed open in the battle but it had been stitched up and the problem was solved but it was my head that was the problem. I had lost my brother because he was a traitor and my mate is seriously injured. My pack has been through the biggest war they will ever have to face. This is why I wish I wasn’t an alpha sometimes.

                The door opened up and Michael walked in. He looked over at Jen sadly. He had grown close to her and understood Jen now. He wasn’t against her now which was nice to see.

                “I called the pack meeting as requested. Everyone is waiting for you in the main meeting room,” Michael explained, “How is she?”

                “Thanks Michael and honestly I don’t know. The doctor doesn’t know if she will wake up. Her injuries were extremely serious,” I sighed, rubbing my hand through my hair once again.

                “She will be fine. She is strong. She can get through this,” Michael reassured.

                I nodded before standing up. I pressed a kiss against her forehead. Michael knew to stay here and watch over her. I walked from the room feeling so down. I walked down the various corridors until I reached the main area of the pack house. It was quiet apart from the talking coming from the main meeting room. I came to the door of the meeting room before stopping.

                I took a deep breath before I entered. Everything went immediately quiet as I entered. People turned to look at me. They bowed their heads in respect and I nodded in reply. On the stage at the front were my family and Alex. They looked at me. My mother looked distraught at the loss of a child in such a way and worry for my mate.