How do you solve a Problem like Coriliat?

Tiernan was lying on his settee, with his head leaned back against some pillows, Erik was in his office searching through some papers for Coriliat's information sheet, and Josh sat beside him, and quietly but gently handled a cold cloth to put on Tiernan's injured eyes. It helped relieve the pain, but it didn't stop Tiernan from thinking. He was tiered after the ordeal of having to deal with the press and students while he couldn't see, but there was still more to deal with.

Once everything had settled down, and all the students were back in their seats the press started bombarding him with questions. His head was still reeling from questions he had no answers too. Who was the initial target? Why would they come after him? Who sent them? What was he point of putting so many other students in danger? Had anyone been injured? Where had the fire come from? Was it a danger to fellow students? Would there be more attacks? Was the school still save? What would happen to the girl who controlled the fire?

The latter was of more concern to him at the moment. As soon as the healers would let her go she was to go see the headmaster. Tiernan on the other wanted to know whether she had informed him in her application of her power. And if not, why? Tiernan yawned.

"Josh?" With embarrassment the proud man's voice cracked as though he was a teenager.

"Yes sir?" Josh answered quietly. Concern rang in his voice. And no wonder, Tiernan looked tiered. His hair had become all ruffled from the pillows and was now hanging loosely around his face. But it was his eyes that gave him the look of long illness. They were severely bloodshot and were framed in dark circles. The embarrassment of his master just added insult to injury. Josh, Erik, and Salem knew how hard it was for Tiernan not to be able to see. And now he was not even master of his own voice. Very soon he would loose his temper with himself, and then blame himself for what happened. Tiernan was a proud man who didn't take well to failure.

"What time is it?"

Josh glanced at his watch: "4:30 sir. It's getting late. The students are going to assemble for the welcoming party in two hours."

Tiernan nodded then stopped as a sharp pain reappeared behind his eyes. "I will not be attending. I leave the details you and Erik." He paused to think. "What to do with Coriliat however? I could not have possibly missed the fact that she can control fire in her application. I am usually very through."

"Ya didnea laddie." Erik walked through the open door shuffling through some papers. "She didnea mention it in her application."

"She didn't?" Tiernan frowned. "I'll have to have words with her. Her ability is something that is a danger to students and teachers alike and-" "Sir." Josh interrupted quietly, but Tiernan did not hear him, and so Tiernan continued, uninterrupted. "And I do not see a reason for not mentioning it. Fire itself is dangerous and needs-" "Sir." Josh interrupeted once more, louder. But once again the headmaster ignored him. "To be controlled or else it may become more then just a severe danger to others. And one more thing-"

"Laddie!" Erik shouted dropping the papers into the lap. Tiernan jumped and looked towards Erik. "Yea have a visitor." He said slowly and meaningfully.

Immediately Tiernan fell silent and closed his eyes with a groan. He was such a blabbermouth. Why couldn't he think things through?Josh and Erik mistook the groan and instantly asked if he was alright. Only by raising his hand could Tiernan get them to fall silent.

"I imagine it is Coriliat standing there? Excuse the darkness in the room, but my eyes were injured." He stopped, unsure where to go from there and also greatly embarrassed.

"They are?" The little elf gasped. Her voice flowed like water, and was soft as a feather pillow. "Oh no! I'm so sorry. I didn't know!"

"Calm down lassie." Erik walked over to her. "No one 'ere be blamin' ya. Now how bout ye sit doon and we be talkin' an try to work this oot eh?" The old werewolf smiled warmly at Coriliat. She blushed slightly, casting her eyes down, and smiled back. She was a bit frightened though. Erik's teeth were slightly sharpened, and almost looked like fangs. She didn't want to offend anyone though so she sat down and scanned the room.