Salem

Salem swore up and down. The reporters were crowding in and against the gates in full force, asking her questions, as though she knew all the answers. There was so much noise, even for a human, it was getting out of hand. Her armed security men looked to her for guidance. With a heavy sigh she climbed up a part of the wall and fiered a few shots into the air with her handgun. Guns to her were useless and far less accurate then a bow, but they were effective for getting people to shut up. She gave a small, but happy snarl then jumped down and stood in front of the gates.

"Alright you lot, shut up! I am not entitled to answer any questions! The headmaster will let me know when the keep gates are to be opened and when you may enter. So I strongly suggest you leave me alone or I will be forced to send you out of the castle grounds and wait on the cliffs by your helicopters. Are we understood?!" Salem glared at the reporters. There were several mumbling of "yes ma'am" and "alright".

She heaved a sigh and rubbed her forehead. These reporters were going to be the death of her one day. Suddenly her phone buzzed. "Carlisle! I have to take this! You're in charge!" Without even looking to make sure her lieutenant had heard she ran to the stable, slammed the door shut and answered the phone.

"Erik, what's up? Is everything alright?"

"Aye, we just be runnin' behind in our schedule. Lord Tiernan says to open them gates to the circus out there."

"Really? They'll swarm all over the castle!"

"Aye, but ye'll contain 'em." Erik stated matter of factly. Then he added: "And our Lord has already figured th' rest oot. Just do as yer told lassie." The High Protector hung up. Salem rolled her eyes.

"Am I glad you think so." She mumbled quietly as she headed out, dialling another number. "Time to go." She simply stated as a man answered the phone, then she hung up and walked back to the gates. Time to let the animals loose on their prey. A strangely accurate description as the reporters were always really hungry for news of the happenings inside the rather strange, and peculiar place.