Sixteen : Mine To Protect

Start from the beginning

I hope.

"Alpha Eros, can we talk seriously for a minute?" I slowly turn to him, watching him from the corner of my eye. 

He hummed a response that I could only assume was approval before he set down the pile of documentation onto the night stand and turned to me.

His electric blue eyes are really staring at me straight in the eye this time and I seem to have lost my train of thoughts in the process.

I tried to keep a serious expression on my face to fan down the burn of my cheeks to my chagrin.  

And I duly noted that the corners of his sexy mouth seemed to lift into a really handsome smirk at my somewhat embarrassing reaction to facing him.

 "Are you really sure that we are 'soul mates'? Because I'm really childish and old and...I have a really bad temper and several other really bad habits---I'm getting off topic. What I mean is would you really want to spend the rest of your life with me?" I attempted to start, wracking my brain for ways to get my point across, which is 'let me go' and 'I am not you mate'.

"You are better off letting me go. There are so many beautiful looking woman out there that are much much more suitable than me. I mean sometimes mistakes are hard to avoid when deciding something like this, not that I'm saying that you made a mistake or anythi---" I continued to ramble on and on, glancing ever so slightly at his hardening facial expression.

"I make no mistakes, Emira. I am sure you are my mate, my Alpha Female." His words seemed to leave no room for any discussion. Just that lilt of his voice was enough to stop me in my tracks.

I bristle slightly in anger, "And what if I don't want to be 'yours'? I'm a living breathing human being and I don't take well to the idea of being your personal property, Alpha Eros. I belong to myself. No one else."

"You do not understand." He seemed to be displeased with my fuming countenance, "You are not and never will be my personal property. When I say that you are mine, I am also yours in every sense. We will carry a very symbolic relationship of yin and yang, of equality as mates. One cannot exist without the other and vice versa, as it should be." 

His words seem to extinguish that burning fire of rage inside of me as quick as it had started. 

Why was he able to do that?

While I was trying to process what he was saying, I didn't realize that he, somehow, managed to migrate from his side of the bed to mine.

Wait. 

Wait a minute. 

I think I just saw a hint of his naked hip and a firm rounded buttock. 

The sound of a loud explosion went off in my head.

He sleeps naked?

What are the odds of that?

I am tempted to rip my own hair out in frustration. It was either that or throttle Eros for his vain behavior.

At this point in time, I am thoroughly distracted away from the conversation and onto Eros' nakedness.

Unfortunately.

"You are mine to protect, to provide and to care for until the day I cease to exist. Even then, I will make sure you and our pups are properly protected and cared for." He explained in a laid back manner while his long tapered fingers brushed across the expanse of my hot cheeks in a fairly light touch.

"I can protect and provide for my own self. I have done so for a majority of my life and I can continue to do so without you." I argued back, "And can you move back a little bit?"

My cheek twitched and I ignored the sudden itch of heat that his touch ignited. 

He chose to ignore my request and said, "You can, yes. I do not question your abilities. But as your mate, I wish to protect you. Not because of obligation but because I want to." 

"There are many benefits to becoming my Alpha Female, Emira. For instance, I am a monogamous and traditional man. I will never cheat on you like your human counterparts. For me there will only be you. My pride and honor demand that the same will be said for you. I do not share well with others," he commented.

His strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me even closer towards his sculpted body.

The heat his body emitted was very relaxing to the point that I am tempted to lean all of my body weight against him. 

Eros tipped his head downwards, lips brushing against my temple longingly. My skin tingles rather pleasurably and the hair on my nape stands on end immediately.

I completely freeze at the foreign feeling of being in his arms and his lips touching my skin.

This is the first time that anyone has tried to seduce me and I find myself unable to pull myself out from his mesmerizing warmth.

The room seemed to have heated up to the point that I could feel my pores opening.

His breath flutters across the sensitive skin of my forehead when he said, "I will not and can not ever leave you behind. Anything that you want I will grant, other than letting you go of course. Do these parameters not please you?"

Although there have been some slight stumbles and near death experiences, I can say that I am a very hardy person. I will not just lay down and die that easily.

It is nice to have extra protection and backup but it's not enough for me to trade my life and freedom away like that. For all I know, his words could just be lies to get me to fall face first into his trap.

I attempted to pull away and suddenly realized that he had managed to manipulate me onto my back.

"I will not take anything away from you, Emira. Not even your freedom to do as you please," he murmured. There was such sincerity and truth laced in his deep voice that I felt my heart skip a beat.

I swallow the lump in my throat.

His body creates a shadow over my face and his arms cage over my form, leaving me with a vision of nothing except for him. Nothing but him.

Eros' lips lightly brushed against the corner of my mouth and this completely jolts me out of my thoughts. 

At this position, I suddenly realize something very important that I seemed to have forgotten after being distracted my Eros.

My nipples!

.

.

.

A/N : I will leave ** at the beginning of the chapter as a warning for any mature content that are not suitable for all ages. 

Welcome to the beginning of Eros and Emira's relationship! Hoopla! :D Leave me some love if you liked this chapter! :D