Chapter 24: Found

Tobias P.O.V.

How can one word make my face light up? Make everything I have felt, just melt away? And yet that one word makes me want to fly.
"Tobias," she said. I turn back to her and I can see a smile form on her face. We are still standing in the crowded Chicago street, just staring at each other. I take the one step back to her and crush my lips to hers again. She remembers me!! I am so happy in this moment.
We kiss for a few more minutes when she pulls away. I look over her shoulder and see Phillip coming towards us. She sees me look at something and turns around. She gets another big grin on her face and takes a step towards him. Just before she leaves my side, she grabs my hand and pulls me with her.
"Phillip, I would like you to meet Tobias, my boyfriend," she tells him with a smile on her face. He extends his hand to shake mine.
"Hello, so nice to meet you," he tell me and turns back to Tris. "I am guessing something triggered your memory?"
"Yes. My name is Tris. People from The Bureau injected me with memory serum, that is why I couldn't remember." she tells him, holding my hand tighter.
"Well I am guessing that it is his as well?" Phillip asks Tris. I am confused for a moment until she answers and looks at me. "Yes, it is our baby."
My face lights up and I am just staring at her. It is my baby? She is pregnant with my child? But how? Then I remember our little kitchen scene and my smile spreads even bigger on my face. I grab her and hug her, giving her a kiss as well. We pull apart again and just hold each other. We both remember that Phillip is still standing there. Tris pulls away and goes to hug him.
      "Thank you so much for everything. You literally saved my life that day you found me. I can never repay you for what you did, but if you want, we can get together and catch up again. I really appreciate everything you did for me Phillip." she tells Phillip. She gives him our address and phone number.
      "I am just happy that you got your memory back. I will phone you and then you guys can perhaps visit me. You know where I live, so you can stop by anytime you need anything." he tells Tris. They hug again and I shake his hand. He turns to leave and Tris turns back to me.
      "Wow, I can't believe that it worked." she says. I raised my eyebrows at her and she answers my silent question, "Phillip brought me here the past few weeks to help me to see if something doesn't trigger my memory."
      I grab her hand and we turn towards our apartment. As we walk, she takes her arm and places it around my waist. I will find out everything when we get to the apartment. I want to know everything that happened since she disappeared. While walking, I remember something. I grab my phone from my pocket and dial Johanna's number. She answers on the second ring.
      "Hi, it's me," knowing Johanna will know who it is.
      "Did you find her?" she asks me.
      "Yes, I have and she remembers," I answer her, while looking down at Tris, a smile spreading across my face.
      "I am so happy, I will let the guys know, so they can stop the search. I would like the full story when you are ready. Now go and take care of her," she says. I thank her and put the phone down.
      I hold on to Tris as we enter our apartment building, pushing the door open to our apartment. I can see Tris raise her eyebrows to me. "I never locked it since you left, you didn't take a key and I wanted you to be able to come in since I wasn't home ninety percent of the time, if you should return."
I usher her in and close and lock the door behind me. Now that she is her, I am not letting her out of my sight until the Bureau is taken down for everything. I am going to need to protect her and our baby. I will not lose them again.
      I set my keys and phone down and grab Tris and pull her onto my lap while sitting on the couch. She giggles and places her hands behind my neck, pulling me in for a kiss. I kiss her back and place my hands on her back, pulling her closer into me.
We kiss for a while, then I pull away from her. I stare into her eyes and tell her, "I love you so much"
      "I love you too," She tells me, giving me a quick kiss. "I guess you want to know what happened?" she asks me.

Super short, but just trying to make I️t a goal to update more.
Thanks for reading!
Be brave,

Christina🔥