Chapter 6: Wanting

Tris P.O.V

I have the same nightmare again where they tortured him before me and ultimately killing him. I can't take it anymore, he was ours, and they took that away from me. Tobias and my baby boy. He looked just like him, same blue eyes. I only got to hold him once before they took him away. Never did I think that the next time I will see him will be them placing him into a simulation and making me watch.

I wake up in a cold sweat, trying to keep the screaming from coming any further. I look at the clock and see is it 4am. I remembered a bit more of me and Tobias, so I am grateful about it, even though some doesn't really make sense. Some of the memories are wonderful and then some are not. Like my last words to him before going into the weapons lab. I still don't know why I did that, why I would leave him alone in this world. I can see it in his eye the way he looks at me; it has really torn him apart.

I decide I can't sleep alone anymore, so a stand and stretch my sore body and tiptoe to the coach where Tobias is silently sleeping. I touch his shoulder, not knowing if I should wake him or not. I think my touch was enough, because he opens his beautiful blue eyes and they fall onto mine.

"Sorry", I mumble. "Didn't mean to wake you, I just couldn't sleep alone anymore", my voice breaking at the last part, thinking about my baby.

"Don't worry, you can wake me anytime. Want me to lay with you till you fall asleep again?" he asks me. I nod my head and he stands and takes my hand in his. I feel sparks between our hands as he leads me to the bedroom. I get under the covers and turn to him as he lays down on the other side of the bed. I scoot closer to him until our faces are so close, I can kiss him. I just stare into his face and before I know what I am doing, my lips are on his. I kiss him with everything I have and try to put all the emotions I have been feeling into this kiss.

God, this feels so good. I never thought I will see him again, even though I have forgotten that we were this close at one time. I don't know for how long I kiss him, but before I know what I'm doing, I am straddling him with my hands behind his head, tucked into his hair. How could I forget this? How could they take this from me? My body wants more, but my mind says that it is not the time just yet. I continue to kiss him until I feel his hand slip under my / his shirt. It takes all I have to stop, even if I want to go further with this.

"Sorry", I mumble against his lips.
"I shouldn't have done that, I don't even know if you are seeing someone.", I mumble and climb off of him. Just when I get to my side of the bed, he twists around and grab me. I stiffen at the touch, realizing it is only Tobias and calm down again. I turn to look at him and he stares into my eyes, before saying,

"I haven't dated anyone since you Tris. I loved.... love you too much to even think that I will feel that way again with anyone."
I look into his eye and feel tears sting my eyes before whispering back,

"I love you too, so much Tobias."
After a while I fall into a dreamless sleep with Tobias holding me.

This chapter is pretty small, but I'm making a goal to update this story at least twice a day.
Thanks for reading!
Be brave,

Christina🔥