16 - Last chapter

Chapter 16

After our moving of houses, we decided it was time to visit Zayn's side of the family in Texas. 

But.

I can't shake off the feeling that there's more to the story when I got shot, but I'm just drowning in my thoughts again.

We both sat in the airplane, where he was sleeping resting his head on my shoulder as I gazed out the window contemplating everything that has happened so far. There were still so many unanswered questions still in NYC. If Smith was actually defending me, or vice versa.

Or what if I died?

Good God, why am I thinking this? I should be grateful I'm alive. I feel Zayn's head shaking, moments later waking up.

"Babe? You awake?" He rubs his eyes, his brown eyes sparkling.

"Yeah, I woke about an hour ago." I mumble, intertwining our hands together. "Just 2 hours and we'll be there." I add.

A couple of hours later, longer than we anticipated due to the delays and weather, we got off the plane. Texas airports were less crowded than NYC, not that I'm complaining. It's more easier to get past.

"My mom is just parked outside." He grins at me.

We headed outside, where multiple cars were lined up on each side. The weather was bright and dry with a fresh wind. Blue translucent skies, no wind and ambient temperature.

I followed Zayn down the stony path as he lead down to the car. I was nervous to meet Zayn's mother. Will she be judgmental?

As we trekked down the path I saw a woman with a slim figure, jet black hair fixed into a ponytail which complimented her olive skin. We inched closer I noticed her eyes the colour of dark chocolate with flecks of hazel nut. She looked exactly like Zayn.

We approached her car, which was a silver Sedan she got out of the car, instantly greeting us. She pulled me into a quick hug, smiling at me.

"You must be Ava, right?" She had a bouncy personality with a soothing voice. I nod, unsure of what to do.

She then glared at Zayn, "it was about time you came!" She softly hit Zayn on the shoulder and I sniggered.

"Stay here while I put your luggage in the trunk," she grabs the luggage from our hands and takes it to the trunk.

"I'm already loving your mom." I chuckle, leaning against Zayn and looking up.

"I'm sure she's already loving you too." He plants a peck on my forehead, softly chuckling to himself too.

He opens the car door for me, and I enter Zayn shortly following me after. The soft black leather seats were extremely comfortable which was a total upgrade from the airplane seats. The interior is equally as stunning as the outside. While we were driving, I caught glimpse of the beautiful scenery around me.

We finally arrived at the house. It was a big house with stone walls. I could already see the high balcony with flowers pots hooking the edges, a screened-in front porch, a detached garage, and a pool around the back. This reminded me of my mother's but only more simpler.

Zayn turned to face me, "When I enter I'm probably going to get bombarded with a load of questions." He laughs.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to." I smile at him and he smiles back sending butterflies all over

His mom comes around from the back, with a suitcase in her hand. "All of the family are inside, come on." She gestures to the front door. We followed behind her, hand-in-hand.

I was welcomed by two female girls, assuming they were Zayn's sisters and his dad. They were so generous for the next two weeks we stayed there. We explored downtown Houston since his house was close to it. I enjoyed the stay and pleaded to stay a little bit more, but I had to go back to work. I appreciated every second of the trip with Zayn and got to see another side of him with his family.

[1 YEAR LATER]

I felt so stressed after work, the paperwork continuously piling up on my desk after I just finished a whole set of them. I can't wait to get home with Zayn and just forget about the whole day.

I unlock the door to my apartment, and once again saw the whole room covered with were covered with cut-out shaped love hearts. The scent from the candles nourishing the whole room with its amazing scent.

Deja vu.

There was Zayn again, standing right in middle of the room dressed in a loose button black silk shirt with leather cuffs and black jeans.

He approaches me and kisses me on the cheek. He gets on one knee, taking out a black box out of his top pocket. I'm so speechless. I gasp, my eyes blinking several times to make sure this is real. I can already feel the waterworks coming out my eyes.

"Ava, when I met you, I knew I'd met my match and was afraid of never seeing you again. All the time we fell out, it only brought us back together but stronger. I love you so much and what I'm trying to say is, will you-" I pull him up, tightly hugging him.

I give a muffled yes and he wraps his arms around my waist.

I pull away a little, looking up at him. "I'm already getting wedding ideas." I giggle.

"Hold on, I haven't even put a ring on your finger yet." He takes out the ring and slides it in on my finger.

Once put on my finger, I felt so special. It had a diamond on top and was bejewelled all the way round on the outer ring which was a rich silver shade. I've seen so many rings like this, but never did I think I'd be getting one, I feel so spoilt.

"Thank you, babe!" He scoops me up, playfully laughing.

"I can't wait for our future together..." I lean in and give him a kiss on the cheek.

He grins at me, "I can't wait either."

*

Thank you for reading this book! I know I haven't been discovered yet and this book is in the shadows since I just joined after leaving Wattpad a few years back but I really enjoyed writing this. Those few people who read my book, it genuinly actually warmed my heart. I'm going to keep this short & sweet so once again, thank you for choosing this book! Look out for any future stories I might make. 

I published a bonus scene along with this last scene, I do hope you enjoy!

Much much much love,

-Amethyst