12

[4 DAYS LATER]

Where am I? Everything was a blur for me, I could only see the outline of objects but was getting better by the second. My shoulder was aching and I couldn't get up.
I remember being only shot and nothing more.

A familiar hand pushes me back on the bed, "Get some more sleep." It was a soft, gentle voice.

I just couldn't figure out who it was, my brain was just all over the place. I can't help but cry as my heart beats faster and faster.

"Where am I?" My voice breaks. I turn my head a little to get a better view of the person. "Darling, you're in the hospital." It was my mother. She put her hand over her mouth to stop her from breaking down into tears.

"You got shot." She hiccups and pulls out a new box of Kleenex from her bag. That's when I realised. "Mom, where's Zayn?" I mumble.

"H-he's gone with Bella, they'll be back soon." She smiles at me. "He's out? What happened?" I gasp and my eyes widen with excitement. "Mr. Smith was ever so kind and let him out." She gives me a weak smile before she frowns again.

She takes a deep breath before continuing, "But, hunny- I have some bad news. Why didn't you tell me before?" My eyebrows raise in confusion.

"Mom, what is it?" My heart beats in anticipation waiting for her answer.

"When you were shot the baby died as well." Her voice was dry and stern.

I scoff at her words and turn my head sideways. "I-I was pregnant?" My voice goes quieter as I speak." One tear streams down my face which was followed by tears bursting out.

"I didn't know I was- It can't be." My eyes drip with tears onto the bed. I lay there paralysed, with a blank expression on my face. My mom leans over and runs her fingers through my hair.

I slowly turn my head to face her, "I don't even know if it was Zayn's!" I screech, my lips trembling at my words. "What do you mean?" She pulls back, looking at me puzzled.

"We always used protection but I didn't with Andrew." I mumble my gaze turned to the floor. "It's been months since you was with Andrew. If you were pregnant you would've known because you would've been showing." She resumes to running her fingers through my hair.

"Does Zayn even know?" I ask hesitantly. My mom slowly shakes her head with a frown on your face.

"Who shot you, Ava? Mr. Smith told me he found you lying on the floor." She covers her mouth again and she hiccups.

That lying bastard. "Mom, I don't even know what happened. It was all just a blur." I lie to her. I knew exactly what happened, but now I have to save that lying ass. My mom nods and smiles at me again.

She giggles, "I told them you would've wanted to stay in your own clothes because you hated hospital gowns but I do admit your clothes were dirty." I softly chuckle but immediately stopping when I get a shock from my shoulder.

I look down and see my whole shoulder and part of my chest bandaged up. I throw my head back in disappointment.

[KNOCK KNOCK]

My mom turns her head back and turns to face me again, "Oh, Ava. Bella and Zayn arrived, I should leave you to talk. I'm just so happy that you're here." She gives me one kiss on the forehead and leaves opening the door for Bella and Zayn.

"Ava?" Zayn squeals and runs over to me. Bella stood there in the corner awkwardly smiling at me.

"Babe. I thought I lost you! These past few days have been nothing but crazy." He kisses me on the cheek.