Chapter Twenty: Heart of Darkness

The air in Denver, Colorado where Jeremy was staying at was bone chilling cold, not to mention the awkwardness between Holly and Damon as they both walked towards the batting cages looking for him. Holly was perfectly capable of picking up Jeremy by herself, she wondered why Damon had decided to tag along.

She sighed. Though knowing Damon, it probably didn't even have anything to do with her, it seem like all that Damon had in his mind right now was killing the Originals.

Holly smiled when she finally saw her brother. "There he is."

Damon winced when he saw how bad Jeremy was. "Next time I compel him, remind me to make him good at baseball."

Holly ignored him as she pressed her face against the cage. "Hey, Jeremy!"

Jeremy smiled. "Holly!" he hugged her. "What are you doing here? What's wrong?"

Over the next fifteen minute as they walked away from the batting cages Damon and Holly began telling him what he had missed ever since Damon had compelled him.

"Katherine sired us, Rose sired Katherine, now all we have to do is find out who sired Rose." Damon explained.

Jeremy raised an eyebrow. "So you traveled across the country so that I could talk to some dead vampire? News flash it doesn't work that way, I could talk to Anna and Vicki because I knew them, and I never knew Rose."

Damon scowled. "What good are you if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you too?"

"Give him a break." Holly wrapped her arms protectively around Jeremy's shoulder. "Well, there's no harm in trying."

Jeremy shrugged as he looked over his shoulder. "I guess not, but can we do this later, my friend just got here."

Both Damon and Holly turned around and Holly paled when she saw Kol holding a bat. She tightened her grip on Jeremy's arm. "Jeremy, get back he's an Original."

"Sorry mate, but we're not buds!" Kol said as he hit Damon across the face with a bat, causing Damon to fall to the floor. Holly used her vampire speed to get behind Kol and snapped his neck. She looked at Jeremy's stun face before she helped Damon up. "Hurry up, let's go."
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
"For the record she was the one that wanted to stop at a motel not me," Damon said as he followed Holly and Jeremy towards the second floor of a small unknown motel white dragging Jeremy's suitcases behind.

"We needed a place to locate Rose in peace," Holly looked back. "Unless you want Kol to behead us with his bat."

Damon paused. "Fair point."

Holly opened the small hotel room and started closing the curtains. "We should get this done soon. Do you need anything Jeremy, like candles?"

Jeremy shook his head as he sat at the edge of the bed. "No, but it would help if I had a picture of her."

Damon scoffed. "From what our trip to Disneyland?" he started pacing around. "Come on, Rose you're not really going to make us wait are you? I know you're obsess with me." Nothing. "Fine, I'll tell you something about her . . . she spend her last day in paradise."

Holly frowned. "I was with her on her last day, she was suffering."

"It was the dream that he gave her," Jeremy finally spoke up. "Rose, she's here."