Chapter Seventeen: 1912

Holly practically ran into the Mystic Falls police station after receiving a call from Sherriff Forbes saying that Meredith Fell had accused Ric of murder. She practically ran into Damon and before she could open her mouth he said, "Ric's fine, the sheriff wants me to stay out of it."

Holly raised an eyebrow. "But you're not going to, are you? I know Ric didn't kill anyone and we're just going to stand here and do nothing?"

"Well, I guess I could rip out Meredith's lying tongue," Damon smirked. "Maybe feed it to the squirrels."

"You're not helping," Holly said irritated. "Caroline just spoke to Bonnie since she won't answer my calls, Abby is going to complete the transition." When Damon didn't say anything she emphasize. "A little compassion might be nice."

"Fine, her and her mom must be really hurting right now." Damon said sarcastically. "Should I send muffins?"

"Ok, now you're just being mean."

"I'm mean, you hate me, and the world is back on its axis." Damon continued.

"Look, Damon just because you and I are broken up doesn't mean we have to be mean to each other." Holly said. "Look, can't we just be friends at least?"

Damon shrugged. "Sure, Holly friends. Whatever."
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Holly said as she looked at Elena as they walked towards Mystic Falls hospital, Elena wanted to question Meredith since she was the one that made the accusations against Alaric. "We don't exactly have proof."

"And she doesn't either," Elena pointed out as they walked through the double doors. "And if she does, well then she's going to have to speak to us."

They didn't even have to search for Meredith, she walked towards them and said curtly. "Whatever case you have to make against Alaric make it quick. I'm due in surgery in five minutes."

"We don't have to make a case, because he didn't do anything." Elena said through gritted teeth.

"How do you know?" Meredith turned to face them. "How well do you two really know him? Yes, he's your friend and he lived with you two for a while, but how well do you really know him?"

Holly crossed her arms over her chest, not liking Meredith's tone. "Well enough, why do you have something to add?"

"Let me tell you what I know, he was arrested four times before the age of 21. His wife Isobel filed two restraining orders against him." Meredith scoffed. "And how would you two know any of this? You took pity on an alcoholic vampire hunter and he's you friend of course you don't know any of this."

"He would never harm a human!" Holly snapped. "We know him well enough."

Meredith looked at the twins. "You two date vampires, it shouldn't come as a shock to you that your guardian is a murderer."
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
"Thanks for coming, Matt I know it was short notice," Holly said as Elena and her watched as Matt fiddled with the lock of Meredith's apartment. "I can't get in since I'm not invited so you and Elena need to find out whatever information we can to give to Sherriff Forbes."

Matt nodded as he opened the door. "No problem, just keep a lookout."

Matt and Elena began searching the apartment, looking through drawers, desks, and pieces of paper. "What exactly are we looking for?"