Chapter Ten: Homecoming

Holly, Damon, Stefan, Elena, and now apparently Mikael, Klaus' stepfather were in the living room trying to make up a lie that Klaus would actually believe so that they could lure him back to Mystic Falls. "We could say that he tried to kidnap Elena for leverage?" Holly suggested. "That has worked before."

Elena nodded. "And then what, I vervain him?"

"No, we vervain him, he's an Original we have to make it believable," Damon bit his lip. "And then we can say that he had a dagger and he was planning on using it on Rebekah, but-"

"-We used it on him instead." Stefan concluded. "Perfect."

Holly frowned. "Wait, what if he asks to see a body?" she looked at Stefan. "You're compelled by Klaus, one wrong question and everything falls into pieces and we end up dead."

"Don't look at me," Stefan shook his head. "I'm just in charge of getting him here."

Elena frowned. "Klaus would want proof that Mikael is dead."

"Then I shall be dead," Mikael finally spoke up. "Klaus will want to see my body, you will lure him here and I will kill him."

"With what?" Stefan asked. "The daggers won't work on him."

"I plan to make his dead quite permanent," Mikael said. "You see I have made a stake made of the white oak, but I will not tell you where it is so that you don't leave the dagger inside me. Deal?"

After a while Damon said. "Deal, but if Stefan tells the truth, he's going to have to need to watch the whole show."

"Not a problem, a human needs to dagger me," Mikael turned to Elena and placed the dagger in her hand. "Then I guess the task falls to you dear."

Elena bit her lip as she daggered Mikael. Mikael let out a soft whimper as he fell to the floor.

"Good," Damon turned to Stefan. "Now call him."

"He won't trust us," Holly still wasn't sure. "He won't trust our word."

"I'll do it," Rebekah said as she came into the room, her eyes were still swollen from crying. "He won't trust you word, but he will trust mine. That bastard killed my mother and I will finally get my revenge."
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
"I have nothing to wear to homecoming," Holly complained to Bonnie as she looked at her closet, it was mostly filled with jeans and cute boots and a couple of old dresses. "Do you think that Caroline would get piss if I show up in jeans?"

"Probably," Bonnie laughed. "So why don't we order take out and study the images in the cave?"

"I wish I could, but Caroline would kill us."

Bonnie sighed. "Caroline actually has a date."

The smile faded from Holly's lips when she realized that Bonnie was still upset over the fact that Jeremy had cheated on her with Anna. "Look, I know I was absent during the summer, but I'm here now and you can talk to me about anything, about you, or Jeremy, or Anna. I'm here to listen."

"Thanks Holly," Bonnie forced a smile. "But you wouldn't understand, he's your little brother, you can't be mad at him like I am."