Chapter Four: The End of the Affair

"Finally, civilization!" Holly cried out once the buildings came into view, she was so sick of trees and forest and she would be happy if she didn't have to see another nature site ever again. She was sick of werewolves.

"Welcome to Chicago," Klaus turned to Stefan. "Bring any memories of the good old ripper days in the 1920's"

"I don't know." Stefan said coldly. "I blacked out on most of them."

"Well, that's a crying shame the details are what made them memorable," he turned to them. "Going down to business then?"

"Were are we going?" Holly asked as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Your hybrids failed, don't you want to do something I don't know worthwhile."

"Oh, I'm not done with my plan yet, love." Klaus said as if it should have been obvious. "The fun is just beginning, we're going to see my favorite witch, and if someone can help us she can."
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
Stefan and Holly exchanged nervous looks as they entered an old bar in the center of the city, Stefan's features relaxed as he looked around. "This place is still here?"

"You've got to be kidding me," Gloria stepped out. "I remember you."

"Gloria." Stefan said remembering her name. "Shouldn't you be-"

"Old and dead?" Gloria laughed. "I managed to slow down the aging with some herbs and spells, but the age will come back to haunt me, now I see you brought a guest."

Klaus put his hands on Holly's shoulder. "Gloria, I'd like you to meet the dead doppelganger's sister, Holly Gilbert. She and Stefan have been my little companions for the summer."

Holly forced a smile. "Pleasure."

"Why don't you and Stefan go fix us a drink while I talk to Gloria about our current situation?"

Grudgingly, Stefan and Holly found their way to the bar. "Stefan, can you hand me the whisky?" Holly asked a she grabbed a couple of shot glasses.

"Sure." He was about to give her the bottle when he froze. He grabbed a picture and without bothering to turn to Holly he faced Klaus and waved the picture at him. It was a picture of him and Klaus laughing. "What is this? Why am I here with you?"

Klaus simply smiled. "I told you, Stefan, Chicago is a magical place."

"That doesn't make any sense why don't I remember you." Stefan's voice tightened. "If I knew you why didn't you say anything?"

"I'm a little busy right now memory lane will have to wait," Stefan gripped his arm and Klaus glared at him. "Fine, let's just say that we didn't get off to a brilliant start, to be honest I hated you."
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
"You have a sister?" Holly questioned as she followed Klaus and Stefan into a basement. "There are more of you?"

"A lot of us, but that's another story for another time," he approached a coffin and pulled it open, inside was a blond girl wearing a flapper style dress.

"I don't recognize her." Stefan said as he looked at the blond girl.

Klaus removed the dagger. "Well, don't tell her that Rebekah's temper is even worse than mine." He grew impatient. "Any day now, Rebekah, she's being dramatic."