Chapter 20: Check Up

Aaron's POV

I was in a haze. Everything was fuzzy and seemed to move in a fast pace. One day I felt myself being moved, along with the murmuring sound of voices. The next I would feel an excruciating pain and cry out as someone would be there to calm me down as I drifted out of consciousness again. Sometimes I would make out the voice of Alex as she talked to me, but mostly to herself, because I did not hear what she would say exactly.

I finally regained my senses but did not feel like moving as I curled up on a soft surface. The sudden movement did not agree with me however, for I whined slightly; it was such a pathetic noise.

"Hey, are you finally awake?" I heard an all too familair voice of Cecil.

I groaned. "More or less," I replied, keeping my eyes closed, not wanting to get up and look at him.

"Alex was worried about you, are you sure you do not have a thing with her?" He asked.

I instantly jumped up but regretted it as a wave of nausia and dizziness hit me like a wave.

"Hey, easy there, do not strain yourself," he said, walking over and pushing my back down onto the bed.

"You know...?"

"I found out about a week ago, you have been out that long I also assume it has been that long since you found out by the way she told me."

"You will not tell will you?" I asked obviously concerned.

"I swore I would not, besides, she is one of the best, so why would I?"

I sighed in relief, before turning over on my side again. "Thank you."

"You care a lot for her huh?"

"She is my apprentice, I am allowed to worry."

He smirked and snorted. "Not that way, I mean more than that. Do you love her?"

I glared at him before turning around. "Not in the slightest chance," I replied, it might have been a lie, it might not have been.

"Do not lie to me Aaron, you were never that good of a liar," he said, leaning over me to look at my face.

"Go away man, it is too early for this," I mumbled, hitting him on the top of his head with my hand.

"I would not say so, it is around noon."

"It is too early for me," I corrected, sticking my tongue out at him like a child.

"You know, you have changed."

"How so?"

"Ever since she joined, you seem more like your old self; the self that was before four years ago. You have became more like a child, the kind that is determined and stubborn." I snorted, and he pointed. "Like that."

I closed my eyes. "Lemme sleep," I mumbled.

"But you are up now, so why not go out and show everyone that you are okay."

I whined. "Do not make me get up."

I heard him sigh. "Fine fine. Be that way grumpy. Just remember that you will keep everyone worrying."

"I do not think that I would be able to leave anyways at this point." I replied.

"Fair enough," he replied.

I then heard a knock on the door. "Cecil, is he up?" I heard Alex say, but I kept my back turned.

"Yes, he's being a bit stubborn and cranky," he replied, I grunted.

"Well, I was here to check his wounds anyways," she replied, walking fully into the room.

"I will leave you two then," he said before exiting. That traitor, leaving me there awkwardly with her.

"Come on, sit up," she ordered, and I sighed and did so, making sure not to shoot up as I did earlier.

I then noticed that there were bandages around my torso and chest, nothing else. I looked at her, as she sat down on the bed's edge and gently unwrapped the white bandages. I said nothing as silence came over the room as she quickly checked before wrapping it again.

"It should be fine, but we both will be taking a break for a while. That means no training for you mister," she then pointed her finger at my face.

I sighed. "Very well," I said, not wanting to argue. Silence again came over the room as I stared at her, and she stared at the other scar that was partly shown through the bandages.

She then reached up and rested her hand against it, and traced her hand along it. I reached up and rested my hand on hers. She looked up at me, and our gaze met. "I mean, I have seen this scar before but..." she looked back down.

"It is similar on how this wound happened," I replied calmly. "There are a lot of other factors with it though."

She obviously was curious, so I sighed, and decided for the first time, to tell someone what had happened four years ago. She listened quietly as I explained, and remembered all that had happened. The people, the bloodshed, and my mentor. When I was finished, I bowed my head, explaining exhausted me, and sent a sudden relief that had been binding my chest for four years.

I looked up again, and saw her face of shock and concern. "I did not know you went through all that... I am sorry for making you remember."

I shook my head. "I do worry, it helped."

She then stood. "I will leave you to rest, and if I see you training there will be a whole new world of pain for you."

I laughed. "Alright alright. I hear you." She then left after that.

I looked and saw Cecil walked in, he probably listened to what I had said, for his eyes held a softened look.

He sat down next to me. "I see why you did not tell me, I am sorry in the past for pestering you about it."

I shook my head. "It is alright, I understand why you did. You wanted to make sure I was well. I am. You do not have to worry about that."

He smiled softly and rested a hand on my shoulder. "Get some rest, you look exhausted."

I sighed and nodded, before laying down and letting sleep take me once more.