OBSESSION III - A new beginning

Start from the beginning

"Would you like something to drink?" she asked.

"No, thank you," I said, cursing her for interrupting such a moment. I didn't have the courage to look in his direction again, even if I wanted to, so badly. Stop it Emma! I mentally slapped myself. If you look again he will think you are crazy or obsessed or something...that's definitely not a good idea! I said, forcing my eyes to look through the window.

As I looked outside, analyzing every detail of the light blue and white colors of the sky, I quickly draw a small sketch, trying to immortalize the view which could become the theme for my next painting. I continued like that for almost an hour, when my eyes finally stung and I felt the need to close them.

Before I even knew it I found myself on the land of dreams.

I was barefooted on a cold stone floor from what seemed like a castle. I looked towards my body and saw that I was wearing a long black silk dress which revealed the white skin of my neck and of my shoulders, making me look even paler than I was.

The place seemed deserted, but after a couple of minutes of tomb like silence my attention was diverted towards another place. I heard what seemed like voices and whispered pleas. As soon as I heard them I quickly began to walk towards the source of the noise, my feet moving faster than I could humanly believe it possible. I ran on the long scary poor lighted hallway until the noises became louder. That's when I slowed down, my feet making me stop in front of a massive wood door.

I pushed it open with trembling hands. In a large room which seemed more like a meeting room, stood a young man holding someone in his arms. I couldn't see his face. He was standing on the floor, with his back towards me, holding a body in his arms.

He was the one who was pleading.

"My love, please open your eyes!" he softly said, caressing the long hair of the woman in his arms.

"Shaan, she's gone!" someone said almost in a whisper from the darkness. In the poor lighted room I didn't see that there were other people in the room as well. But the low trembling voice of the woman startled me, making me quickly scan my surroundings.

"She's not dead! Of course she's not. Just leave us alone!" the young man ordered without looking away from the lifeless body of the girl he held in his arms.

"Shaan..." the woman tried to say once more.

"Get out of here! All of you!" the young man ordered, yelling with a powerful voice, making me tremble with fear.

Before I could register their actions, the woman headed towards the door, followed by what seemed like a teenage boy. I couldn't see their faces in the darkness of the room.

"Annabelle please my love open your eyes! Can you hear me? Annabelle!" the young man softly whispered as soon as the others left the room. I could hear so much love in his words that made me feel a deep sadness, making my chest hurt.

"My love, you can't leave me!" he continued to say, his body violently trembling in shock.

His breath quicken as soon as he began to understand that the woman in his arms was dead. He tightly held her body against his chest, caressing her long hair and kissing her face.

"No!" he yelled, making the walls vibrate from the powerful noise of agony that ripped his soul apart as soon as the reality took place in his heart and mind.

She was dead. There was no turning back. Nothing in this world could ever bring her back.

"No! You can't leave me! Come back!" he loudly sobbed, his body convulsing from the incredible pain and sorrow.