Hopefully.

***Nicole’s Point of View***

“Mail,” I announce, plopping the stack down on the desk in my dorm room.

“Wow,” my roommate Heather chuckles. “Must be more birthday cards.”

“At least you have family to send you birthday cards,” I shrug.

“Sorry,” she says, sounding a bit guilty. I wave it off and she picks up the stack to begin sorting through it while I take a seat on my bed, dropping my bag on the floor.

“Oh. One for you,” she says happily, handing me an envelope. I was surprised to say the least. I don’t really ever get mail. Ever. Not even on holidays or birthdays. With my address changing so much, it’s hard for anyone to keep up anyway.

“Thanks,” I say, ripping open the paper and pulling out the thick card inside. I could feel Heather watching me.

“Who’s it from?”

“Ed Sheeran,” I tell her, hardly believing it myself. “He invited me to his birthday party.”

“Are you sure?” she asks in amazement, rushing over to verify what I told her. “It can’t be from him, can it?”

“Why wouldn’t it be?”

“I don’t know. He’s sort of famous.”

“And he’s sort of my ex-boyfriend’s best friend,” I point out. She nods.

“Right. I keep forgetting you’re the one and only Nicole Miller. The foster sister Harry Styles fell in love with.”

My face turns red. “Actually, Nicole Garcia now. Adoption, remember? And it’s weird when you put it like that.”

She laughs. “Sorry. But are you gonna go?! You have to go! And take me with you. I like celebrities too,” she adds with a wink. I smile and roll my eyes.

 “I don’t know,” I shrug.

“You don’t know?! What the fuck are you on Nicole?! You have to go.”

“I’m not feeling it,” I say. “If he invited me, he invited Harry too. I don’t know if I’m ready to face that yet.”

She gave me a look. “Just because he’s invited doesn’t mean he’s going. Maybe he’s busy or something. And besides, you have to face him eventually. You can’t hide from your problems.”

“I can try,” I mumble, placing the invitation back into the envelope. “I’ll think about it,” I say, just so she’d stop giving me that look.

Yes, Heather knows what happened between me and Harry. She knows about Adam. She knows I’m a deceitful bitch. We don’t usually mention it though. As far as college roommates go, Heather is pretty nice. She’s become a close friend of mine over the past month and a half.

“I hope you decide to go. But in the meantime, I’m gonna go grab something to eat. Do you want anything?” she asks. I shake my head and she leaves.

I sigh and turn the invitation over in my hands again and again, contemplating whether this would be a good idea or not. Heather’s right. I do need to face him. But what should I expect? For all I know he wants nothing to do with me. I can’t blame him either.

It’s taking place in London. It’s not like it’s out of my way, so would it really be such a big deal if I went? And if Harry’s there then great. I’ll get to explain everything to him. If he’s not, then fine. I’ll have a fun night celebrating Ed’s birthday.

The situation is unpredictable I guess, and taking chances has never really gotten me anywhere.

But when Ed Sheeran invites you to his birthday party, you shut the fuck up and go to his birthday party.

 AUTHORS NOTE

LET ME KNOW YOUR PREDICTIONS OH MY GOSH YOU ARE NOT EXPECTING WHAT COMES NEXT. like if you think you know what's going to happen you're probably wrong. trust me. im curious to hear what you guys think tho c; thanks for reading and i love you guys so much!!!<3 x