- 54 -

***Harry’s Point of View***

~two months later~

“Hey,” Louis says, opening my door. “Get up.”

I roll my eyes and pull the blankets over my face.

“Dammit, Harry,” he grumbles. “I’ve had enough of this.”

“Have you?” I ask sarcastically.

“Yeah, as a matter of fact. So have the other boys. It’s been almost three months. At first it was understandable, but now you need to get back on your feet.”

“Leave.”

“No. You need to pull yourself together. We have our last show tonight, and it’d be nice if you actually smiled for the crowd this time.”

“I want to be left alone,” I repeat, growing angrier and more annoyed. Louis was silent for a moment.

“A lot of things can change a person, but I never thought you’d let a girl change you this much Harry.”

I sat up and looked at him, my fists clenched.

“Nicole wasn’t just some fucking girl, Louis. Clearly you don’t understand anything, so get the hell out and come back when you do.”

He grimaced, but eventually shut the door and left me alone. Except now I was pissed. I took my anger out on the pillow sitting beside me. After running out of steam, I let myself fall back onto the bed with hot tears streaming down my face.

“Harry,” says Liam’s voice, knocking twice.

“If you’re here to give me another damn intervention then you can go.”

The door opened. He tossed me an envelope.

“Not here to lecture you. But just to let you know, the boys and I all put Louis up to that.”

I roll my eyes as he leaves. I take the envelope he gave me and rip it open, not even glancing at the sender.

You have been invited to celebrate Ed Sheeran’s twenty third birthday.

Fucking joy. A party.

In all the years I’ve known Ed, I can’t remember him ever throwing an extravagant party, and judging by the invitation that’s exactly what this is. Why now? Why when I’m at my worst? The worst part is that I really do have to go. Ed’s one of my best mates. I can’t just not show up because of my own selfish reasons. It’s not like Nicole will be there, will she? I mean, it’s a celebrity party. She wouldn’t be up for that even if she was invited. Which she probably isn’t. Ed undoubtedly only invited close friends.