I gulped. Today, Calum. "I'm leaving." I said. He chuckled and turned back around.

"No, you're not." He kept rocking.

"Yes. I got an apartment and I have a good paying job that will help support the bills." I told him, head high even though he wasn't looking.

But then he turned and looked at me again, noticing the bag on my back. He groaned and stood up. He faced me, setting down his beer and cigarette. He walked up to me slowly. My body tensed up but I didn't back down. "I said, no. Go put your bag upstairs. You're grounded." He said in a raspy voice.

"You don't control me anymore." I said, getting more confident in myself.

"I am your father, I do control you." He said, smirking.

"My father died a long time ago. You're a nobody." I said, scowling.

He grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me up to his face. "Don't make me mad, boy. I was going to let you off the hook but now you're making me mad."

"Well, lucky you, you don't have to deal with me much longer." I spat. He gripped my shirt tighter and I winced. He raised his hand to hit me but my reflexes were quick. I turned him around and gripped him by his shirt and held him up against the wall. "No!"

He stared at me, wide eyed. "Get the fuck out of my face." He said. I stared into his soulless brown eyes, not feeling any remorse for him. I've dealt with his crap for to long.

"What happened to you? You were the perfect dad." I said, grip loosening.

"You happened. I didn't want you. I like Caleb a lot better. Always have." He said, smirking.

My arms shook and my legs buckled. Don't believe him. He's playing with you. "You know, I stayed. Even when Caleb left, I stayed. It wasn't just because my mother asked me to. I actually believed you could change. I believed in you! You were my hero!" I yelled. My body shook uncontrollably.

He just stared at me, no emotion in his eyes. "Well, poor you. I'm not."

"I realized that a long time ago. That's when I lost all hope in you." I let go of him and backed up. "I'll visit sometime and see if you're still alive. I don't expect you to change anymore. I've given up on you."

"Don't affect me. I've already given up on your sorry ass. Not doing anything with your life." He said, getting in my face. This is his way of facing his feelings. I wasn't mad at him anymore. If anything, now I felt sad. I wish I didn't have to leave him. But I'm not going to stay here and get yelled at while he sits down and drinks his life away.

"Bye, dad. I love you." I said. I saw his eyes widen again before I left. Is but the door and got in my car. Pulled out and drove away.

I made my way back to the apartment, my apartment. I grabbed the rest of the things and walked inside. I hesitated before I opened the door. Finally, I opened the door. I didn't want to face them. I saw Theo from the corner of my eye and he silently went to his room. I didn't judge him. I'd be pretty rattled, too. I grabbed Nick and took him with me to my room.

"What happened?" He asked, whispering. I looked up at him and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"No different. Yelled at me. But..." I sighed and sat down. I ran my fingers through my hair. Nick sat down next to me on the bed and put his hand on my back. I told him all that happened, doing my best to keep it all in.

"Calum." He whispered. I leaned over and hugged him. He was so suprised that he just froze there. I really needed a hug. He held me and a few minutes later I pulled away.

"I should get to it if I'm going to the party with you." I said, trying to change the subject. "Want me to take you home?"

He shook his head. "No. My mom should be off by now, she can come get me. You get to work." He said, patting my back.

"Alright." We stood and I walked him out. Before he left he gave me another hug. I smiled and hugged him back.

"Bye, Calum. I'll see you later." He said. I shut the door and turned to go back to my room and then remember Theo. I didn't know what to say but I wanted to talk to him. I walked up to his room and knocked softly on his door. A minute later the door opened. "I'm sorry about earlier. Ill be in my room, unpacking." I said. I tried to give him a smile but he glared at me like he knew what I was doing.

I went back to my room and did as much as I could. I replaced the covers, filled the drawers and closet, put up my stuff, and I fixed my shoes in a nice orderly fashion.

I changed into a black tank top. I heard the tv on from the living room and I decided to go watch tv with him. I opened my door and walked out. He looked over and I saw him scan my body. I smiled and went and sat by him.

I looked at the tv and noticed he was watching spongebob. I didn't say anything though. I just watched it with him. I looked over at him from the corner of my eyes when he'd smile. I haven't heard him laugh yet but I couldn't wait.

*****

Around 2:15 he fell asleep. I was close to falling asleep and I turned off the tv. I didn't know whether to bring him a blanket or take him to his room. I decided to take him to his room because it was starting to get hot out here and he needed air conditioning.

I leaned down and put my arms under him. He let out so little moan but let me. I lifted him up princess style and carried him to his room. He wrapped his arms around my neck and rested his cheek on my chest. He mumbled something that I couldn't make out. I was just about to lay him on the bed when I looked down and saw how his plump lips were slightly parted and his hair was so perfectly messy.

I shook my head and laid him down. I leaned back over to take his glasses off when he grabbed me and dragged me down on him. I tried getting up but he just tightened his grip. I watched him, heard him purr like a little kitten. I couldn't help but watch him while he slept. My heartbeat sped up and I felt a stronger urge to kiss him. But I controlled myself and pulled away. I took his glasses off and laid them down on his nightstand. I closed the door softly on my way out and went to my room.

I laid on the bed, falling asleep with his face in my mind.

******