The Amityville Horror: Ch. 2

***Week 3***

Angelo was busy making lunch with Chloe drawing at the table. Chris took the boys to school and then to work. Since there was a complication with the paperwork, Chloe doesn't start preschool until next week.

Damien denied taking those keys, despite them being found in his room. He was grounded of course, and Chris is making him work sorting out vinyl albums at the store afterschool, no pay.

Angelo placed a finished sandwich in front of Chloe, she looked up. "Daddy, can Matty have a sandwich too, please?"

Angelo chuckled. "Did Matty say please, or did you?" he asked playfully.

Chloe looked to her right, then back at her father. "He did."

Angelo smiled. "Does he want ham and cheese?"

"Yep," she said.

Before Angelo could turn around and decided to cook a sandwich for Chloe's imaginary friend, there was a knock at the door.

"A visitor?" I asked curiously.

"Who is it?" Chloe asked.

Angelo shrugged, then walked around and scooped up Chloe in his arms. "Let's go find out."

He walked out the kitchen to the front door where a young black haired man and a woman about his size with black and red hair stood.

"Hi, can I help you?" Angelo greeted.

"Hi, good morning, just wanted to finally introduce myself, I'm Ashley," she said as they shook hands. "And my roommate, Nikki. We live across the street."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Angelo, and this is my youngest, Chloe," Angelo introduced.

"Well, aren't you cute?" Nikki laughed, making Chloe giggle and shyly hide her face into her father's neck.

"Hehe. My husband and boys aren't home right now, but maybe later we can all get to know each other if its alright," Angelo said.

"Sure, come on over whenever you want. Just wanted to give you a warm welcome to the neighborhood," Ashley said. "We live with a few more roommates, my boyfriend included, but they're at work or classes, and since Nikki and I had our day off, we decided to stop by and introduce ourselves. That's why we couldn't come by sooner."

"Oh, don't worry about that, it's totally fine. Want to come in for some coffee?" Angelo s.

They're smiles kind of fell and they looked a bit worriedly at the house. "Actually, umm... We only have time for saying hello..." Ashley said.

Nikki continued to look around when suddenly something caught his eye at the staircase behind Angelo and Chloe.

A familiar face- a short girl with long very light brown hair, almost blonde, pale skin that showed her dark colored veins, and milky brown eyes stared blankly at him. She was stained red with blood on her white night gown.

Nikki's heart almost stopped. "Jaime?" he said quietly under his breath, Angelo and Ashley not hearing him as they continued to talk.

She smiled and waved at Nikki happily, as if she wasn't injured or nothing was wrong, but Nikki knew more than anyone else that there was something wrong.

"Nikki!" Ashley called out and he snapped out of it and looked at Ashley, Angelo standing next to her with Chloe looking curiously up at him, both Ashley and Angelo with worried looks.

"You look pale, are you alright?" Ashley asked, as Nikki looked back at the staircase to see it empty.

"I'll go get him some water," Angelo said, but Nikki stopped him.