Russian Sleep Expierement

| SplitTheWorld |

1940

As Ryan stepped down the hallway, his footsteps were heard among the deafening silence. Clipboard in hand, Ryan made his way to his office. Unlocking the four locks on the door with four different keys, Ryan then entered the cluttered room. Papers were on the ground, in his chair, and all over his desk. The wastebasket was full of crumbled papers, failed experiments with ideas taking up the blank canvases.

Lifting the stack of papers and documents that sat on his chair, he moved them to the desk and took a seat. Ryan was beyond stressed. His recent experiment was still being approved by Angelo, his boss.

Ryan was a scientist. He studied psychology, and he was very valuable to the entire laboratory. Ryan was sick, though. Not the sneezing, coughing, fix it with medication sick. Ryan was fucked in the head. The morbid, inhumane ideas he had would scare anyone, human or not.

Ryan read through the papers on his clipboard. He had discussed a new study with Angelo, the experiment idea being approved along with others. Ryan wanted to run rests on people. He didn't want to run tests that helped cure diseases or anything helpful to society. In reality, Ryan was curious.

His curiosities started at a young age. At first, he wanted to see how many times he could cut his hand until he would pass out. Six years old when he did that. Next he was wondering how long to choke a bird until it died of strangulation. Age fourteen.

No, no, Ryan didn't want to experiment on the people's resistance to cuts, or strangulation. Sleep. It may sound odd, knowing Ryan's backround, but the experiment turned gruesome and wrong.

///

"Sitkowski." Angelo caught Ryan walking down the hall, handing the man a slip of paper. "Approved. You can run your tests whenever the gas chamber is available. Warner is using it right now, but I'm sure he'll be done somewhere around next month." The raven haired man explained.

Ryan took the slip of paper. "Next month?" He groaned, throwing his head back. "Angelo, I need to do my testing as soon as possible! What is Warner even using it for, anyway? To see how much marijuana he can smoke until he fucking-"

"Enough." Angelo cut him off. "I advise you to go do some extra research until you can have the chamber. Go sign the list, Warner has it. Whenever he's done, you'll be first to have the chamber." He seemed annoyed as he walked off, probably to go rant to Chris about how Ryan's experiments were "stupid", and had "no point to them at all".

Ryan rolled his eyes and continued walking down the bright hallway. The research facility wasn't very large, but that was expected. Now to confront Warner.

"Why do you need it?" Brian Warner asked, taking notes on a piece of paper. His eyes stayed focused on the glass, where he had been watching three people, who were seemingly eating away at each other. However, this wasn't unusual for Brian, so Ryan didnt ask.

"Angelo finally gave me permission to conduct my sleep experiment. I will need the chamber for thirty days." Ryan responded, hazel eyes fixed on the cannibalistic actions of the people in the chamber.

"Explain yourself, Sitkowski." Brian muttered, glancing down at his paper.

Ryan sighed, and responded, "I want to see the effects of extreme sleep deprivation. I have five war veterans, enemies to the state, that I will use. They'll be given enough food to last thirty days, enough for the group. Gas will be pumped into the chamber, the gas keeping the prisoners awake. Whichever prisoner or prisoners survive will be granted freedom." He explained, raking a hand through his hair. "If my hypothesis is correct, the prisoners will likely die toward the end of the experiment."