The Hook

| dxvilsnight |

     The sky was clear, save for the few wispy clouds hanging in the evening air. With the windows rolled down, the duo could see each other's breath. "You're stunning," Ryan spoke softly, smiling gently at his beloved. "Absolutely stunning."

     Ricky felt his cheeks warm up at the comment, and he smiled halfway as he looked down, playing with his fingers. "Oh, hush, you.." He said. There was a pause, and he finally peered up a bit, blue eyes reflecting the moonlight that glistened outside, peeking through the trees. "It's nice being able to spend some time with you.. Alone, I mean.." He muttered.

     What with the combination of school and work, they rarely had time to spend alone with each other. They had been taking things slow, but Ricky craved just a bit more attention from the one person he held dearest.

     "I love you," Ryan quietly confessed, kissing Ricky lightly. "I really do." He said, smiling a tad bit. Ricky lit up at that. It was seldom that Ryan smiled- and even if it was very slight, Ricky appreciated every moment of it. It was, to him, the most beautiful sight in the universe.

     "I love you, too.." He said. With a bit of shifting and shuffling around, Ricky was sat in his boyfriend's lap. "Can we turn the radio on? It's so quiet.." He murmured. Ryan nodded a little and switched the radio on. They'd turned the radio on a bit into the song, but neither of them minded.

     "...I took all your pictures off the wall, and I wrapped them in a newspaper blanket. And I haven't slept in what seems like a century, and now I can barely breathe. Just like the crow chasing the butterfly, dandelions lost in the summer sky. Cause when you and I were gettin' high as outer space, I never thought you would slip away. I guess I was just a little too late."

     "Can I kiss you again?" Ryan requested shyly, resting his hands on Ricky's hips gently. The smaller responded simply by leaning down to peck Ryan's lips lightly. "Of course you can.. You don't have to ask," He noted.

     It was Ryan's turn to blush, then, and his cheeks were quick to heat up as he kissed Ricky gently, giving his hips a squeeze. "Mm.. But I like asking.. It makes me feel like I'm doing something right." He said.

     Ricky smiled fondly, placing his hands on Ryan's cheeks and kissing him again, lips moving in sync with his boyfriend's. It seemed like so long the two of them spent just kissing and muttering little compliments to each other.

     Chests pressed together as they kissed, Ricky reached a hand down to fumble with the leaver on the side of the seat, managing to tug it so the seat moved downward. Ryan made a slight squeaking sound, as he hadn't been expecting it. Ricky just found it adorable, smiling and nipping at the other. "Cute.."

     "Oh hush.. You surprised me, that's all," Ryan said shyly, looking up at Ricky who was, at that point, on top of him, with his knees on either side of his hips.

     "Good," Ricky purred as he tucked some hair behind Ryan's ears. "There's something we don't talk about enough.. Do you know what that is, babe?" He inquired, placing light kisses on Ryan's jaw and neck.

     "Hmm..?" Ryan mumbled softly, eyes slipping shut. He rubbed Ricky's hips, squeezing occasionally- not too hard, of course.

     "How fucking astonishing you are.." Ricky gushed softly, nibbling at Ryan's neck. "You're always telling me how you think I'm so stunning, and.. I really appreciate it, but you know what? You're absolutely enthralling, and I-.. I think it's something I don't mention enough." He babbled on, "And I really ought to."

      Ryan's cheeks were red as cherries at that point. "O-Oh, well- thanks.. I-" He paused, at a loss for words. He wasn't by any means used to compliments, and he couldn't help but be flushed and taken aback whenever he did receive them. Especially from Ricky.

     Before Ryan could find a way to dodge any compliments, Ricky kissed him again, grinding his hips down against his boyfriend's and earning a soft noise from the younger. "Christ. The things you do to me," Ryan almost whispered.

     Ricky threaded his fingers through Ryan's hair, just enjoying the feeling of Ryan's lips, and the smell of his cologne. "I love you so much.. Promise me you'll start appreciating yourself more? Or at the very least, try."

     "Mmh.. I dunno," Ryan whined, sliding his hands to grip Ricky's ass lightly. "I'm nothing special. Just.. me," He insisted. His self esteem had never been particularly high, but it had at least started to get a bit better with Ricky's help.

     All it took was Ricky pouting to get Ryan to melt and give in, nodding his head. "Okay.. Alright, alright. You've got me," He said. "I'll try." He stated.

     Just as Ricky was about to grin and shower Ryan in kisses, the radio killed the entire mood when the voice of an announcer came across it. It was with an ominous tone that the woman explained that a convicted murderer had just recently escaped from the local asylum of which was within just a half a mile from where Ryan and Ricky had parked.

     She urged anyone that noticed the man- who was allegedly sporting a stainless steel hook in place of his right hand,- to report the situation and whereabouts immediately to the police department.

     Uncomfortable, Ricky frowned. "Can you take me home, please?" He spoke softly. Ryan put the seat back up, hesitant at the idea of leaving so soon.

     "Are you sure?" He asked, rolling the windows up and locking the doors. "I'm sure we're alright.. I won't let anyone hurt you, you know that.." He tried. Every moment with his darling Ricky was precious. He hated the idea of passing even a second of it up.

     Ricky said nothing. For a few minutes, the two just sat there. The music had returned to the radio, but it wasn't the same, and the mood had been ruined quite some time ago.

     Regardless, Ryan kissed Ricky once again lightly. The smaller kissed back for a split second before gently pushing Ryan away and wriggling back into the passengers seat, afraid.

     "Ryan," He said, his voice quiet but stern. "Please? I don't like the idea of being out here if some freak with a hook hand is on the loose. The asylum isn't even a mile away. Please," He said, looking at Ryan sadly. "Take me home..?"

     With a sigh, Ryan nodded and decided to comply with his love's wishes. He didn't like to see Ricky so upset. "Alright.." He agreed in a small voice. "I'll take you home." He said, buckling his seatbelt and making sure Ricky did the same before jerking the vehicle into gear and steering out of the parking spot before he began to drive back in the direction of Ricky's place.

     The drive home felt like forever, and neither teen spoke a word. Being that it was so late, Ricky wasn't at all surprised in seeing that even the porch light was off at his home.

     Giving Ryan one last kiss, he got out of the car and marched himself tiredly up the sidewalk. Just as Ryan was about to set off on the drive to his own home, which was a few miles away, he froze up at the sound of his boyfriend screaming and sobbing hysterically.

     He scrambled out of the car and dashed up the driveway to see what was the matter. Ricky immediately flung himself into Ryan's arms, sobbing against his boyfriend's chest.

     "Shh, shh," Ryan soothed, stroking Ricky's hair and kissing the top of his head. "What's wrong, baby..?" He asked very softly. Still sobbing uncontrollably, all Ricky could do was flail an arm miserably at the front door.

     Or, rather, the stainless steel hook that dangled from the doorknob.