Only Two More Days:

"Copper boom!" ~

I press my pen to my forehead, sighing as I go over the words I've already written.

I tried to incorporate everything that brought me good memories, and the things that tied into those good memories.

I included little stories about Babette, Sookie, Miss Patty, Lane, Dean, My Mom and Luke. I even added a few parts about Jess, even though he was very picky about what I was and was not allowed to add, and debating about it consisted of a lot of groaning and eye rolling on his end.

I also put in a couple fictional parts so that the story tied together, and named my book "Small Town Stars."

It all seemed perfect, everything I had written I was proud of, but I just couldn't think of an ending. No matter how hard I tried.

"Damn it!" I pound the side of the couch with my fist, straining my brain as hard as I can, but no ideas will come come that are even remotely on the right track.

I push myself up off the couch and start to pace, picking up speed the more I stress.

Everything about this book has to be absolutely perfect. It's the ticket to getting my dream job.

I dig my fingernails into my other hand and stop walking back and forth.

I decide that maybe I need some food, and maybe if I order pizza everything will be better and my thoughts will flow again.

Jess is out, so I don't offer him any, instead I pick up my cell phone and dial Sam's Pizza Place.

"Hey Rory! What's up? How's your book coming along?" She says, cheerfully.

Obviously I've already made friends with the pizza deliverer, my mom wouldn't have it any other way.

"It's all fine I think, but I just can't think of an ending..." I trail off, thinking maybe I can incorporate pizza into the ending, but immediately dismiss the thought and bring my focus back to Sam.

"-me to you, you're Rory Gilmore dude, just hang on there." She laughs, and I laugh nervously with her, pretending I was listening, but also not at all in the mood for jokes.

"So I'll just get the regular, but I should really get back to my writing." I say.

"Ok, perfect! Coming right up then." She says, chuckling.

I hang up and throw my phone onto the couch.

I drop myself down beside it and sigh, running my hands through my hair.

I hear my phone ring, and have to search for a couple seconds before I remember it's beside me.

Lorelai Gilmore. Is the name on my phone screen.

"Mom, I don't have a future." I say abruptly.

"Oh, well that's ok Rory... none of us do, haven't you heard those people who come around to your door when you're like in the middle of watching 'Donna Reed', or in the middle of eating dinner and they hand you a brochure and tell you that if we don't clean up our acts and pay for our sins Jesus will end the world and kill us all? I guess I'm kind of starting to believe them, I mean if you think about it, all those natural disasters? Are they Jesus!?" She spits out quickly.