Lane (Continued):

The sun is in my face again, as it is most mornings, it's a beautiful thing to wake up to.

Lane is already awake, and packing her things.

"You leaving already?" I ask.

"No. I'm leaving at eight o'clock tonight, just getting ready." She answers, zipping up her suitcase.

"Too much work..." I groan.

"You never answered my question last night Rory." Lane says.

"Which question?" I say, playing dumb.

"Are you going to move?" She asks, sitting on top of the black suitcase.

"I can't move, there aren't any other places in New York that I like and can afford, besides, it would be a lot of work, and I told my mom my next move would be back home." I say, sliding out of my blanket cocoon.

"Are you back together with him?" Lane asks, surprised.

"No!" I yell, disgusted.

"Well!?!" Lane says.

"Well?" I answer.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I say, leaving the room.

I'm not mad, I just once again don't know.

Don't know how I feel about Jess, and I certainly can't formulate my feelings into words.

When I re-enter the room, Lane is on her laptop, she has pulled up three apartment ads.

"Just look at these and tell me what's wrong with them." Lane says.

Maybe she has a point! If I can find a good cheap place that's away from Jess, I'll be better off. I think.

"Look at this one, it's only ten dollars more each month and you have a terrace and the roommate looks cool, she runs a coffee shop in town. You seem to dig the coffee shop owners!" Lane says. It does look like a pretty nice apartment, I consider it.

"It's at least fifteen minute walk from any stores and proper civilizations, also, see that rain gutter? It might cause problems in the winter time, there's a crack right above what would be my room." I say.

"Ok, well then look at this one. It's one hundred dollars less per month, and you have your own bathroom, it's in the city, and the roommate seems nice enough." Lane points out a two bedroom apartment with one bathroom and an on-suit to the master bedroom, the kitchen and living room are attached.

"That looks perfect!" I say.

"Great, Rory, call her right now before she rents to someone else."

"Well I can't, because if I get a successful job, I may have to hold meetings or invite co-workers to my house, and there's not much space." I argue.

"You've said no to two perfectly good apartments!" Lane says, staring at me.

"Rory, are you still in love with him?" She asks.

My first instinct is to refuse to believe it, to deny it. To yell no. But I cannot stop thinking about it, how I've been acting, how I'm not mad anymore and everytime he enters the room I feel something.

Like I used to back in stars hollow.

"Oh my god!!" I yell, getting up.

"Oh my god!" Lane yells back standing up with me.

We both just stand there for a minute, in shock.

*****
Hey!
I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long, but here you go, I've planned out what's going to happen now, so hopefully it will be more structured.

If it's messed up its because I wrote the past two chapters at different points all day, so I haven't actually sat down to read...

Sorry this is so short and sorry it sucks!

Thank you so much for reading 💜