The New Apartment

The drive was probably not as long as it seemed, considering it was just over two hours, but it seemed like forever...

When I finally arrived in New York, I pulled out my map, to find the apartment building.

The building is modern-vintage cross, brick walls, big. I enter into the lobby without my bags, I want the first impression of the place without the weight and burden of the luggage and boxes.

The elevator itself is exciting. When I enter the apartment though, I know it's perfect. The perfect place to jumpstart my career, to write by the windows, the rooms are nice and big, lots of room.

The majority of the walls are a light grey, the rest are white, there are two bedrooms, a medium sized kitchen, a bathroom in my room and in the main area, and a living room.

There are plants all around, but most of them are dead, lots of books strewn across the furniture, which sells me on the roommate.

I sigh a sigh of relief, relief that saying goodbye to Stars Hollow wasn't all that bad, that my apartment is great, that I'll finally be somewhere soon.

I exit the apartment and go to collect my luggage.

*********

When I've finally moved in, I sit down on my bed, on the white duvet.

I dial her number.

"Oh my god! I thought you'd never call!" My mom screams into the phone.

"Mom I love it!!" I scream back.

"The cows Rory! The cows!" She says.

"I'll make sure to call sooner next time. I'll remember the cows."

"So tell me all about it. Everything, every little detail."

"Well, I love my bedroom, it's like my own little world in here, perfect for reading, and writing, which is what I'll be doing hopefully."

"Oh, Rory that's awesome!"

"Yeah, I see books all over, so I'm hoping he reads as much as I do, I hope I don't hate him."

"Okay, lost me. What?"

"My roommate."

"Oh yes, books, some weird cult bond right?"

"Definite cult."

I hear a crash, and a male voice swearing loudly.

"My boxes. Oh darn it!" I say, as I register the noise.

"What?"

"Mom I've gotta go." I say, running to the door.

"Rory! Wait!" She says.

"I'll call you later."

"Ok are we talking later as in what you said in Stars Hollow later or-" her voice is interrupted by a loud "Lorelai!" Coming from Luke.

"Ok byeeee." She says, and there's a click.

I open the door to my room and hear crunching from the livingroom, when I get into the room, I see a person with dark hair with his back to me, he's smashing the boxes down.

"Oh I'm sorry, I could've done that, I just completely forgot." I say, nervously, crossing my arms.

He tenses at the sound of my voice.

"It's fine." He says, not at all friendly. It clearly isn't fine.

"No really, I-" I begin, but I'm interrupted.

"I said it was fine, you got a problem with that?"

That voice. That hair. The way of being. Where have I seen it?

It comes to me as he turns around, standing up.

He takes a double take, and I almost stumble backward.

"Jess." I say, mustering all the anger I can into the one word.

"Rory." He looks me up and down.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask him, mad.

"What the hell am I doing here? I live here, what the hell are you doing here?" He asks, but he doesn't wait for my answer, and begins walking swiftly into the kitchen.

"No! You don't get to walk away again Jess!" I yell, following him.

"So, what a great way to spend my afternoon, yelling at you." He says, unwrapping a chocolate bar. "When are you going to move out?"

"Oh, woah. You think I'm just going to leave that easy? No! No! I won't just leave because you're here Jess. You think you're bothering me, standing there all smug, but you're not, so just stop." I say.

"You're asking me to stop Rory, it's obviously bothering you."

All the pain and heartbreak he's caused me begins to slowly flood my mind.

"Just, go to hell." I say, walking out, but not before I hear him speak.

"I'm afraid I'm already there Gilmore."

I slam the door. Collapse onto my bed, and will myself not to cry, at some point I must've fallen asleep, because before I know it, I'm back in Stars Hollow again.

******
Hey! Thank you so much for reading!
I am aware that sucked like crazy and was super boring and short but I'm tired and ill probably edit it tomorrow...
It seriously means so so much that you read and hopefully next chapter will be better!!

NEW CHAPTER TOMORROW!

Please Keep Reading 💜 It Means So Much

~Chloe~