Chapter 2

Peyton's POV:

I drove through the familiar neighbourhood that I longed to see again. I spotted my mum's house and I pulled into the driveway. I looked into the backseat to see Darcy fast asleep. Deciding to leave her be I got out of the car and closed the door quietly. I made my way up to the front door and knocked. I heard rustling from behind the door and soon it opened.

"Mum?" I said tears forming in my eyes.

"Peyton? I thought you-"

"Died? No that was Bianca, I bet you know a lot about her don't you?" Mum nodded and pulled me into a hug.

"Why didn't you come back? Why now?" She asked trying to pull me inside. I refused and looked back at the car.

"I have someone for you to meet." Mum looked confused as I walked back towards the car and opened the door. Darcy stirred and opened her eyes.

"Mumma." She said quietly. I unbuckled her and pick her up. She laid her head on my shoulder and I closed the door. I looked back at mum who was shocked. I walked back over and she started crying.

"How Peyton? Who did this to you?"

"I'm fine. H-Harry is the dad. Mum meet Darcy, Darcy that's your gramma."

"Oh sweetie. Come inside." I walked inside still holding Darcy.

"Mommy!" I looked towards the playroom down the hall and smiled. Mum nodded and I gave her Darcy. I made my way down the hall and opened the playroom door. Rebecca lay on her stomach playing with Barbies.

"Becca." I said catching her attention. She turned her head to look at me and jumped up, bursting into tears.

"Peyton!!" I picked her up as she ran over and she clung to me. I rubbed her back as she tightened her grip around me. "B-but I thought you were dead?"

"Becca, that's a long story. But I'm here now. And I've got someone for you to meet." I put Rebecca down and we walked back into the living room together. Darcy sat playing with some of Rebecca's old toys and I smiled.

"Peyton, who's that?" Rebecca pointed to Darcy who was now staring at her.

"That's your niece, and my baby girl. Her name is Darcy." Rebecca ran over to her and gave her a hug. I smiled and mum handed me the house phone. "Who's on the phone?"

"Just say hi." I shrugged and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"
"I don't know how it's possible, but your mum told me the story. Open the front door."

The phone line went dead and I hung up. I opened the front door and there stood-