"Really? Well, how about tomorrow? I don't have much stuff to bring." He said, leaning against the wall. He watched me with amused eyes. What's so funny, dude?

"No problem. What time?" I asked.

"How soon?"

"You go to school with me right?" I didn't want to seem weird but I tried to play it off. "Because maybe after school you can just follow me back and I'll help you move in."

"Yeah, that sounds nice. Tomorrow it is then." He said.

"Alright. Well, I'll show you out." I went back down with him and waved bye to him as he pulled out and left. That was very nerve racking.

I went back inside and Shirley smiled at me. "Sooo, who was that?" She asked, small smile on her face.

I sighed and kept walking. "My new roommate." I pressed the button on for the elevator and the doors opened. I pressed the fourth floor button and they closed. I leaned back against the wall and sighed. This is all moving so fast.

I went up to my room and closed the door. I looked around. Better make the most of the time I have left alone here. I took my shirt off and threw it on the couch and went to the fridge and pulled out the carton of ice cream that I had. I put some in a bowl and put the carton back. I grabbed a spoon and put some music on my phone and turned it all the way up. I sat on the table as I ate my ice cream.

He said he was gonna get a dog. I hope it likes me. I remembered that I brought some books with me so I went to my room, turned off the music, and got a random book out of my backpack. I laid down on my bed and started reading.

*****

Three hours later, I closed the book and rolled over on my back. Pretty good. I sat up and grabbed my bowl and took it to the sink. He said that he liked my style. I hope he doesn't bully me. A frown formed on my face. What I'd he does? What if he's not at all nice? Well, Sammy told me that he was the school playboy, or fukboi, as she liked to say.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out. It read Mia. I answered and put the phone to my ear. "Herro?" I asked.

"Um, hey?" She said, wearily.

"This is Patrick. Who dis?" I said, keeping a poker face.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Wrong number. Bye" She said.

"Wait, Mia! It's me." I said, laughing. She's so gullible.

"Ugh, Theo! I should've known! You play to much." She said, sighing into the phone.

"I'm sorry, what do you need?" I asked, my laughter dying down.

"I just wanted to check in with you." She said.

"Mia, you don't need to call everyday. I'm fine. Oh but did i tell you? I got a roommate."

She squealed. "Really? Who?"

I scratched my ear and put the phone back up to my ear. "His name is Calum." I said.

"Sounds hot." She said. I could practically see her smiling. "Think you can control yourself?" She said, teasing me.

"Yes, Mia. I can. I'm not into him." I said, I went to sit down on the couch.

"Hmm, if I remember clearly, that's what you said about Luke."

"Stop. Don't bring him up." I said, my fist clenching. Luke is my ex. I shouldn't have trusted him. He slept with one of my friends. Who was also a guy.

"Well, good luck." She said, giggling. Mia's the only one who knows my 'type'. Mostly because I trust her more than anyone and she knows how badly it'd hurt me if she was to tell someone.

"He's a playboy. He probably doesn't even like guys. Like, he's the straightest guy in the school. Probably slept with more than thirty girls." I said, standing up and walking to my room. I turned on the tv and laid up against the headrest. I didn't even pay attention to the tv, I just wanted something in the background.

"Aw, well, don't give up hope. I mean, who knows. Maybe he just hasn't come out of the closet yet. I know someone who's shy about coming out." She said, fake coughing over the phone.

"Whatever, Mia. How's aunt Claire?" I asked, changing the subject.

"She's good. Still active, that old woman. Won't listen to a thing I tell her though." She said, sighing. "But I meant, ya gotta love her."

I smiled. "Yeah. How about you? You doing good?"

"Yeah. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you! I met someone." She whispered the last part into the phone.

I sat up straight. "Who?" I asked, my voice getting all protective.

"Calm down. He's nice. You'd like him." She said. I know her so well that I could tell that she was probably twirling her hair.

"What's his name?" I asked, settling back down.

"His name's Carter. He's a really good guy. He moved here this year and he is h-o-t." She said, giggling.

I rolled my eyes but of course, she couldn't see. "Mia."

"Sorry, sorry. Anyways, yeah, I met someone. Also, we got a test coming up." She groaned.

"On the first week of school?"

"Yeah, but they say it's not hard. If you remember most of the things they taught you last yea." She laughed. Mia was smart, but she could be a little slow sometimes.

"Then get to studying. I know already that you forgot everything from last year." I said, teasing her.

"Hey! Leave me alone." She said, laughing.

I laughed and checked the time. It was almost eight. "Seriously though, Mia. You need to study. It's late and you should get to it." I said.

"I like the long chats with you though." She said, whining.

"Hey, how about we Skype tomorrow, hmm?"

"Really? You'll do it?" She squealed. She wanted me to Skype her all the time since I got here but I always rejected.

"Only if you study. You need to get good grades."

She groaned. "Promise?"

"Pinky promise." I said, reassuring her.

"Alright. Bye Theo. Good luck with your new roommate."

"Yeah, bye Mia. Love you."

"Love you too." And I hung up.

I set the phone on my nightstand and put my hands behind my head. "Yeah. My roommate, the fukboi."

*******

I woke up early that morning and cleaned up my mess from last night. Today's the day. I finally got a roommate.

I dressed into one of my regular outfits and today I actually brushed my hair. You couldn't tell a difference so I just shrugged and left the bathroom. I ate some cereal and left the building around 7:30.

I got to school and parked in my official parking spot. Well, it wasn't an official parking spot but I've been parking here a lot so now it's mine. I climbed out and locked my car and went inside. I waited in the lunchroom with Sammy until the bell rang. I figured out yesterday that they let you hang out in the lunchroom until the bell rang.

I went to my locker and got what I needed. I headed to first period and sat in my seat. Calum came in a little later. He smiled at me and I have him a little wave. "So, I have my things in the back of my jeep. When school is over, do you want me to follow you?" He asked me, turning his whole body towards me.

"Yeah, I'm almost positive that my car is by yours so it won't be hard to follow me." I said, not able to hold his gaze. He nodded his head and turned back around.

The teacher walked in and class began.

******