Chapter Two: Reaper

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Shrugging her shoulders, she leapt forward and rushed out of the wing. On her way out she was wedged inside a large group of criminals; all trying to escape while there was still time.

"Move you fucking morons!" One woman yelled. Silvia glanced at her...and saw that she had light blue skin and white hair. This woman raised her hands, and a gust of frost blew outward, engulfing a chunk of the prisoners in front of Silvia. She was forced to dive backwards, already feeling like she was about to freeze to death.

On the ground, she sent her eyes back up, and saw that over half of the other prisoners had been rendered into icicles. With a cackle, the blue woman barged through, smashing a large number of them into millions of pieces.

"Fuck." Silvia gasped.

Just as she and the other inmates around her mustered the courage to stand and keep going, they were subjected to an unbearable amount of rumbling. With a terrible crack, the purple monster was hurled through the left wall of the hallway, and impacted onto the right. Gripping its neck...was Superman. "I think you've had enough for today. Time to get the bill." He quipped, before he blew a fierce arctic wind at the creature's body. The monster's purple skin faded to blueish white, and became encrusted with ice.

"Oh fuck me." Silvia called. She skidded on her feet and ran in the opposite direction. Superman was the last person she wanted to encounter.

Her legs propelled her through the chaos, pushing her faster than any other inmate. She took a turn and slipped into a maintenance corridor, which from her unreliable memory, should have been an alternate path to the prison wall, where she could escape into the river.

The corridor released Silvia at the processing centre where she saw about half a dozen inmates struggling against... "Come on...no fucking way."

The caped figure leapt and flipped like a ninja, landing blows left, right and centre on the outmatched inmates. He threw metal objects at the cowards who tried to run, knocking them out in their tracks.

Silvia took a deep breath, and charged at the Bat. He twirled around her, but her enhanced speed and agility managed to give her the upper hand. She brandished her shiv and buried it into Batman's ribcage, causing him to grunt in pain.

The other inmates roared, overpowering the injured Dark Knight just after she had pulled the shiv back out. Silvia wasn't going to stick around. She knew that it would only buy her about ten seconds of time, so she took off in the direction of the evidence lock up room.

Her belongings were still sprawled out on a nearby table, probably still being sorted through. The girl quickly grabbed her outfit, along with her mask and vial of dust.

Once she had made it back out another inmate skidded to a halt beside her. "What are you doing? If you want to escape now's the time."

"What I'm doing is none of your business." Silvia retorted.

The inmate raised his hands with a scoff. "Whatever, just trying to help."

"I don't remember asking you to."

The man's face scrunched up at her, obviously unsure how to react. His milky eyes darted down and landed on the possessions she clutched in her hands. His expression hadn't changed much... that is until his stare fell onto the mask.

"You're... The Reaper." His eyes leapt back up to Silvia's...and she could see the fear and hate in his eyes. She knew what he was going to try to do.

The two bounded at each other, and Silvia instantly brought the shiv up. Blood sprayed over her face as the inmate tried to reach up to his neck and force the small blade out. Silvia pushed it further in, causing more crimson fluid to gush out over her.

The man fell to the ground, gargling and grasping at his throat. The blonde wiped the blade on her jumpsuit and smeared the blood across the orange layout. Silvia then held the shiv back up to eye level, inspecting its shine before stuffing it back up her sleeve. Now, to get out of there before Batman found her... He was likely to hold a grudge.

------------------------

Author's Note: Some second or third time readers may have noticed that I've changed the faceclaim for this story, that's because I didn't want to discourage anyone from reading this book just because Amber Heard was the faceclaim

Author's Note: Some second or third time readers may have noticed that I've changed the faceclaim for this story, that's because I didn't want to discourage anyone from reading this book just because Amber Heard was the faceclaim. In all honesty, I kind of like Teresa Palmer more for the role anyway so it all worked out 🤷🏼‍♀️ Do keep in mind though that Amber's still in the cover because I don't want to get it changed. I love the cover too much ❤️