~Different~

Aaron's POV

*Play Song*

All my men ran off in different directions into the village.

Shoving their weapons into the backs of the mother and children.

The fathers and other men, fighting with pitchforks and shotguns.

Many shot to the ground.

Chaos erupted within the walls of Phoenix Drop.

I felt nothing.

I feel no feeling.

I have no emotions. 

I had one goal.

Find Irene.

Even my cold hearted, murdering, kidnapping father respected Irene.

I felt something buzz at my side, I plucked my communication amulet out of pocket and accepted the call.

"Aaron.." Scaren's deep voice strained. He said to never call him father, and him to never call me son.

It brought emotions.

It brought feelings.

It brought weakness.

"I heard of Irene in Phoenix Drop, find her and bring her to me..." He strained, taking deep breaths and occasionally cough.

"Fine" I snap. Even though I know him as my father, I don't want to be related to that man.

I look up the tall hill where last saw Irene. She wasn't there. I sheaved my sword and began to climb the hill. I heard the screams of mothers and the crying of sons and daughters.

And I felt nothing. 

I saw a tall building, the tallest in the village, towering over the small huts. 

I walk slowly up to the stone building, slowly pulling my sword out of the sleeve. 

I grasped the handle with my right hand, ready to fight, ready to defeat, ready to do it all with nothing in my heart. 

My dark heart, with none of the light of happiness and joy.

I enter the large opening to the building, it looked like a traditional church, I heard faint whispering. I crept slowly towards the voice, I heard faint women's voice.

"...Irene....wake..up Irene.....we need you right now......aphmau!"

The voice was coming from behind one of the pillars holding up the ceiling. I put my back to the pillar, the opposite side of the voice. I grasped my sword, ready to pounce.

I take a deep breath and remembered my training.

No feeling

No emotion

No regret

We have dark hearts, with no light.

I swiftly run around the pillar and thrust the butt of my sword at the voice's head.

It appeared to be an old woman, she collapsed on the ground, motionless.

She looked like she was leaning over another woman, this one young. She had a blue and white cloak and a interesting face.

By looking at her, I felt something.

It felt different.

It felt warm.

It felt......good.

No! Different is bad. (I wonder if anyone can guess this reference)

Wait......A blue and white cloak...

...Irene...

"Get your asses over here...Irene is in the church" I shout to my men. They are such imbeciles. 

Some of my men come in and are discussing how to carry her.

"Umm...we could put her in a sack" Zenix suggested.

"No..she is Irene, thats disrespectful! Get that in your head Zenix!" Sasha yelled at him.

"Shut it both of you!" I ordered, frustrated by their idiocy. They both silence.

I look from them to Irene, sprawled on the floor, sleeping peacefully.

(For any confusion, she fainted from the news of being Irene and using her power for the dome and ice land.)

"Screw it..."I mumbled. I kneel down and hooked my left arm under her shoulder blades and my right arm under her knees and stood up, her head dangling so her hood came off, revealing raven colored hair that dropped all the way towards the floor. 

I felt heat seep up my neck, it was new.

What was wrong with me? 

I ran out of the church, wrapping my arms around her, more heat seeping from my neck to my face.

The chaos had died down, bodies lay across the grass, the dirt stained with red.

I reached the truck and gently placed her in the passenger seat, she puffed small tiny breaths.

I didn't understand. What was happening?

Was this a dream?

A test?

Reality? 

What was happening to my dark heart? Is this light?

Is this what they call happiness?

Likey? Okey Dokey!

Thank you all for 70 views on this book and 1.1k on my other book!

Have a nice day my Crystals