20: The Phoenix Wasn't Down, But In The End, Charlie Was... Literally

Start from the beginning

"Good," Noshiko told her daughter. "This is a terrible idea."

"W-well, maybe we could try something else than?" Charlie offered

"W-well, maybe we could try something else than?" Charlie offered. "Anything else, maybe."

"Do you want us to do this without you?" Kira asked Charlie and her mom.

Charlie gave Kira an odd look, "Wh-I-uh," he couldn't say anything, so he closed his mouth, sighing.

He knew Kira was nervous, but he didn't appreciate the rude tone underlying her normally peppy voice.

Malia was rude... but he didn't mind it, it was just her personality; she was thoroughly honest and that's why she tended to annoy the pack, because as people, they tended to hate honesty. Especially the brutal kind.

Noshiko sighed softly, holding her hand over Scott, "Put your hand over his heart," she told Kira.

Scott began breathing heavily as Kira leaned over Scott, her hand hovering closely over his bare chest. She took a deep breath, readying herself to touch his chest just as Scott hurriedly grabbed her wrist.

"Hold on," he told Kira, raising himself to lean back against his forearms. "What happens while I'm out? Am I gonna feel anything?" He asked Kira's mom.

"It might feel like you're dreaming," she told him.

"Good dreams, or bad?" He questioned.

"I suppose that depends on you."

Scott's eyes widened slightly in fear and he slowly looked forward, leaning to fall back against the bed, flat. Charlie watched stressfully as Kira leaned back over Scott, her shaky hand hovering over Scott's chest.

Charlie nibbled on his lip anxiously, unknowingly beginning to lean over Scott to analyze what Kira was doing.

Noshiko watched cautiously as Charlie hovered over the pair. She didn't know what she was waiting for, but her mind had her suddenly watching Charlie Acton with an intense gaze.

 She didn't know what she was waiting for, but her mind had her suddenly watching Charlie Acton with an intense gaze