3: The Little Spoon

"You sure?" Stiles asked again.

Charlie nodded, "Yeah, just drop us off at my place and I can take her home so you guys can deal with Derek."

"You're not gonna help?" Lydia asked.

"What am I gonna do? Reverse the magic spell and sprinkle fairy dust on him so then poof, he'll be twenty-something again?" He wondered.

Malia snored slightly, shifting so that she was in Charlie's arms, making his eyes widen.

Lydia rose an eyebrow at him, "You've been with her for months and you're still surprised every time she touches you?" She asked.

"Lydia, I spent almost eighteen years with no female contact other than my doctor or Aunt Sophie, so yeah, Malia's closeness towards me is still surprising." He gulped.

Lydia scrunched her nose up in disgust on his remark about his doctor, scooting over for him to get out as Stiles parked his Jeep in front of his house. Charlie gave her a nod of thanks, slipping out of the Jeep as he missed the step down, quickly turning to gather Malia in his arms.

"Good night, guys." He whispered.

Scott, Stiles, and Lydia all nodded, Derek still unconsciously smushed on Lydia's other side, "G'night, Charlie."

Charlie turned around, praying to God that Sophie left the door unlocked like she always had. He cheered silently as he opened the door, Malia's body in his arms not becoming any lighter as he searched for the keys to his car. He grunted as his hands scanned the wall for the key rack, jingling the keys as he found them.

Malia groaned softly, shaking her head, "Why are you so loud?" She asked, shoving her face into his neck.

He hushed her quickly, not wanting her to wake up his aunt as he set her on her feet, "Sorry, I was just looking for my car keys." He said, holding them up, "Uh, I found them."

She rubbed her eyes tiredly, "Why do you need your keys?" She yawned, turning to go upstairs to his room.

"Uh, to take you home..." He trailed off.

Malia stopped, shaking her head at Charlie, "But I don't want to go home." She told him, sounding like a child deprived of their favorite candy.

"But you have to..." Charlie trailed off.

"No, I don't." She said, continuing her trek up the stairs.

Charlie sighed, putting his keys back onto their hook, following Malia up the wooden stairs to his room. He watched as she took his jacket off of her shoulders, falling onto his large mattress, sighing as she sank into the sea of Charlie-scented blankets. He couldn't help but feel smug as he saw the beautiful girl laying on his bed, all of the insults thrown at him his freshman, sophomore, and now junior year flying from his head as he walked to the bathroom connected to his room.

He slipped his sweaty shirt over his head, pushing his pants and underwear to the floor as he took his shoes and socks off, getting into the shower to wash the Spanish dust and dirt off of him. He hummed as the warm water washed the dirt away from him, feeling so much better being able to move without feeling dirt crouching in some crevice of his body. His shower barely took ten minutes as he wrapped a towel around his waist, quickly brushing his teeth as he opened the door to his room, letting the steam find its exit.

He hummed to himself as he threw his dirty clothes into his hamper, shoving his converse into the back of his closet so that when his aunt grills him for coming home so late she won't have any evidence to pin on him. He froze as someone wrapped their arms around his damp waist, hugging him. He turned his head to see Malia looking up at him with her large, brown eyes shining.