Chapter Seven

*Lauren's POV*

One week later and it's almost Valentine's day. I planned on asking Normani to be my valentine, but I'm afraid she'll reject me. I wanted to take her out for dinner and give her a cute, pink little teddy bear and some flowers because I know she doesn't like chocolates. Who doesn't like chocolate though? I mean, it's chocolate. It's like another word for happiness.

It's still cold out, but at least we don't need those big jackets anymore. Oh how I wish it was spring already. It's my favorite time of year. Normani says hers is Autumn and I have to say, it's also a lovely season. Just like her. She's really lovely.

Back to the topic of Valentine's day. That's the day I want to confess my feelings to her. I'm scared to be rejected or friend zoned, but life is about taking risks. I'm not going to let Ally get to me and have her ruin everything. Thoughts of Ally and I's last valentine's day flooded my mind.

FLASHBACK

"Babe, you ready to go?" Ally asked with a big smile plastered on her face. I nodded and put away my ear buds and IPod. I love listening to Disney songs for some strange reason. Ally thinks it's cute, Camila thinks it's a bit weird for someone my age.

"You're never too old for Disney!" I always tell her.

"It's still weird." She laughs.

I snapped back to reality as Ally opened the front door. The sun was out and about. What a beautiful way to start off Valentine's day. Ally planned the whole day out for us and she didn't tell me anything. She's lucky I love surprises.

We walked to the car, and just as I was about to open my door, Ally beat me to it. She grinned triumphantly and I kissed her lips as a thank you. She jogged to the other side and slid in. We buckled up and began to drive to our destination. Wherever that was. I switched the radio on and Timber by Ke$ha and Pitbull came on. Ally and I squealed because how can you not love this song?

She turned it up and we both started singing, not caring what others would think if they looked through our windows. She giggled as I did some weird hand motions and swayed my head. We arrived and I saw that she brought us to a small, little café that served breakfast. My favorite café to be exact.

Ally caught me off guard by opening the door and me almost falling, but my seat belt save me. She laughed and unbuckled my belt for me even though we both know It was just an excuse to get closer to me.

She grabbed my hand planted a kiss on my cheek. I blushed and she led me inside. The elderly man who I've grown to love as if he was my own grandfather sat behind the register. Some tables were occupied, but my favorite spot's empty. It had a great view of the city and of the people and cars passing by.

We sat down and looked over our menus. A waiter by the name of Jeremy took our orders. I ordered two pancakes and 4 strips of bacon and Ally ordered two eggs and some French toast.

Our food came out faster than you can say, "Goat cheese."

I don't know why you anyone would say goat cheese.

I laughed as Ally started making up fake words in a French accent while she ate her toast. She's such a cutie. I went along with it and soon enough, we were preforming Shakespeare right then and there. People always did say we were a weird couple, but that we're perfect together. I had to agree with them. Our laughter died down and we giggled as the other customers shushed us. We quickly finished our meal.

I didn't even bother to take out my wallet because I knew Ally wouldn't let me pay.

I waved goodbye and she led me to the nearest park. I quickly ran to the swing set with Ally trailing behind me. She stuck her tongue out at me and I giggled and mirrored her action.

A silence took over and both of us enjoyed it. I listened to the birds chirping, watched the squirrels run up and down trees, and little kids slide down a blue slide. A little girl with a soft pink dress and white polka dots walked slowly to where we sat, gently swinging.

"Hello." She chirped.

"Hi sweetie." I smiled. "What's your name?"

"Grace! Can I ask you a question?" I nodded and laughed at her cuteness.

"Are you two together?" I suddenly remembered that Ally and I had our hands intertwined. Ally had an unsure look on her face, but motioned me to answer Grace.

"Yes, we are. Are you alright with that?" Graced jumped up and down, a smile never leaving her face.

"It's cool! My older sister has a girlfriend. Her name's Tori and her girlfriend's really nice. I gotta go because my sister is probably looking for me. Bye!" She waved and ran to a girl who looked about our age. I assume she's Grace's sister. Tori smiled and walked away holding Grace's hand.

FLASHBACK OVER

I would love to grow up and have a beautiful, sweet little girl who didn't judge any one. Just like Grace. That was a year ago and I haven't seen her since. Maybe I could go back to that very park and see if she's there. She'll most likely not be there, but it's worth a shot.

My cell phone rung and I hurriedly answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Lolo!" I'd instantly recognize that sweet voice anywhere.

"Mani! What's up?"

"Nothing much. I was just thinking about you." I blushed and got all giddy and thanked God she couldn't see me. Talk about embarrassing.

"R-really? What were you thinking?"

"Wanna go to a park?" I remembered my plan from earlier and deciced to take this invite as an advantage. Maybe even confess a few things to Normani.

"Sure! Can we go to the one next to Joe's Café?"

"Wherever you wanna go, boo. I'll pick you up in ten minutes."

Wow sorry for the late and sucky update! Happy early Valentine's day! I'm alone once again on this wonderful day. I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday because the long distance just wasn't working out. We both agreed to still stay friends so things are alright between us.

QOTD: Favorite game app?

AOTD: Mine's Clumsy Ninja! It's so cute and fun! -Bluejay