Chapter Four

*Lauren's POV*

Normani was trying to balance on the edge of the sidewalk, but failed miserably. I laughed as she almost fell and she playfully scowled at me. She's honestly so amazing. Not only is she beautiful, but she's funny, smart, charming, carefree, and we have a lot in common. More than what I had with Ally.

I mentally slapped myself for thinking of her again. I slumped my shoulders and stuffed my hands in my jean's pockets. Why did she always have to pop up in my thoughts?

Normani instantly noticed my sudden mood change. "Lauren, what's wrong?"

"O-oh it's nothing." Dang, now she's definitely going to know I'm lying. She raised an eyebrow at me and while I was trying to think of an excuse, something on the other side of the street caught my eye.

It was a small, cute little café with twinkling white Christmas lights hung up and I could see a sign in black bold letters reading 'OPEN'. I grinned, looked both ways, and pulled Normani by the hand across the street. Her face lit up as well as we strolled inside and I couldn't blame her. The place was marvelous.

The tiles were white, the walls a nice shade of sky blue, and the pretty colored red booths were to the right. The counter was on the left. It smelled like vanilla, chocolate, peppermint, and every other wonderful scent you could ever think of! I wonder how I never noticed this café before. Then again, it's located in a quiet neighborhood. I live on the busier side of town.

We both ordered our drinks and some cookies and took a seat in a booth. Normani told me a story about how she taught her younger cousin how to ride a bike, but he ran into a tree and a ton of apples fell and hit his head multiple times. Sounds like something from a cartoon, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Our server, an elderly woman, brought us our drinks and cookies and smiled sweetly at us. "Here you go girls. Enjoy!" Her smile reminded me of my own grandmother. I haven't seen her in ages. I should visit her soon. I made a mental note of that and took a bit out of my chocolate chip cookie.

I told her a story about how Camila and I thought we accidentally killed our 4th grade math teacher. We thought it would be funny if we poured VERY hot coffee on her chair so that when she sat down, she'd have an unpleasant surprise. Her reaction, now that I think about it, was priceless. She jumped up, screamed her head off, and ran out of the room with a huge wet stain on the back of her ugly skirt. The whole class heard a thud and thought she tumbled down the stairs and died. Camila and I thought it was our fault we murdered her and promised to pay for a new teacher. Boy, did we cry a lot! Mrs. Blue then stomped in and threatened to expel us, but the principle said it was fine. For our punishment the both of us had to help Mrs. Blue whenever she needed us and it wasn't fun at all.

After Normani finished her drink and I finished my little story, I left a tip and we left. I shivered and rubbed my arms. I don't remember it being this cold earlier. Normani noticed and wrapped an arm around my shoulder and grinned. "Don't worry, I'll keep you warm." I blushed and she walked me home. I didn't mind, of course. I found it quite sweet.

We arrived soon after and stood outside my door awkwardly. "Well, um, thanks for walking me home. Really appreciate it. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, considering we have school and all." She chuckled and I laughed at myself. I wanted to say thank you, but no words left my mouth and I got the courage to hug her. And she hugged back! Blushing, I took a step a back and waved goodbye. She smiled that lovely smile of hers and left with her hands in her pockets. I unlocked the door, stepped inside, and locked it once more.

I slid down the door and felt my heart beating fast. I let my head fall back and got to thinking. Do I like Normani? I know I like her as a friend, but could there be something more between us? Even if I did like her, she would never go out with someone like me. She's so beautiful and I'm... ehh. Have I already moved on from Ally? I didn't think that's how the system works. It usually takes people weeks, maybe even months to move on from the love of their life. But did I really love her? Do I still do?

"Lauren, is that you?" My mom called from the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's me. I'm, uh, going upstairs to sleep. Night mom!" I replied.

"Goodnight sweetheart!" I ran up to my room, which covered my blue walls with posters from various bands and singers ranging from One Direction to Lana Del Rey to Fall Out Boy. My music taste was all over the place, but hey, I know talented singers when I hear 'em.

I collapsed on my bed and groaned into my pillows. My life is so complicated! Maybe Camila can help me in this time of need. I grabbed my phone and sent her a quick text saying that I needed help with girl troubles. She replied right away, but that never surprised me.

From: Camila

Hey Lo! What girl problems are you in exactly?

To: Camila

Since you didn't show up yesterday, I'll inform you. We got a new girl named Normani Kordei and she's absolutely stunning and funny, sweet, smart, she's just amazing! I hung out with her today.

From: Camila

Oooh girl you got it bad! Did you seriously move on from you know who already?

To: Camila

Idk! I feel like I still have feelings her but then again, maybe I'm moving on. Isn't it good though? To move on since she no longer loves me...

From: Camila

I think it's great for you. Lolo, you need to find a woman who deserves you and treats you like you're a princess! Idk this Normani chick, but it seems like you really like her. Moving on sounds good to me!

To: Camila

Haha just call me Miss Movin On! I'm tired, had a long day. Txt you in the morning. Night Camz xx

My phone beeped, but I ignored it knowing it was Camila wishing me sweet dreams. I shut off my phone, changed into my pajamas, and crawled into bed. My eyes fluttered shut and before you knew it, I was fast asleep.

See what I did there with the Miss Movin On thing? I think it was pretty clever, but I'm stupid sometimes so... Anyways, Jerrie will be the other couple! Most of you wanted Jerrie :) Oh and I'm going on vacation tomorrow! I won't have wifi for a few days so that'll be extreme torture. Don't worry, I'll type the next chapter and try to post it as soon as I can. Night guys xx -Bluejay