I shut the door snappily behind me. "Well, coincidentally, I have a lot to tell you. Things that you will definitely have an interest in."

He spun around. "Tell me," He commanded.

"First of all, I want to ask you a question, sir."

"Do not waste my time, Mr Linton. I want to receive answers, not give them."

"Alright, alright." I raised my hands defensively. "It won't take long!"

A grinding noise came from his tightly shut mouth. Oh those poor teeth, always subject to his temper.

When I hesitated for a second, his glare intensified.

"Have you, sir, managed to obtain any information about Samantha's whereabouts?"

There was a pause, so pregnant that maternal death was highly probable.

"No."

The corners of my lips twitched upwards. "None at all?"

"No." He was getting more agitated by the seconds. "Get to the point, Mr Linton."

My mouth stretched into a full blown smirk. "Well, how queer. Unlike you, I discovered some helpful information that could potentially help us find her."

All of a sudden, he was right before me. I blinked twice to make sure that my eyes were working right.

"Tell me everything. Now."

With him so close, my senses went on overdrive. Mind you, he still hadn't put on a shirt.

"What if I say no?"

He grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me fiercely against the wall. My breath caught. I'd be damned! His firm frame pressed against my slightly softer and jigglier one. I was finding it increasingly hard to concentrate.

He leaned in until his lips brushed my ear. I shivered. His voice was low. "Nobody will find your body out in these vast lands. So choose wisely, Mr Linton. Keep on playing a fool or give me what I want."

I ignored the simmering heat in my abdomen and pasted on a smile. "The first option sounds simply spiffing!"

He growled.

"Alright, alright. I'll tell you. But first, get your grubby hands off me!"

My poor, female heart could no longer take his suffocating proximity. I tried telling myself that my palpitating heartbeat was only due to me drinking two cups of tea.

"Back off!" I repeated.

He moved back.

I made a shooing gesture. "Further away. And put a shirt on!"

Eyes flashing like a bolt of lightning across a winter's night sky, he took another grudging step back.

I jabbed my finger at his shirt that was lying morosely on his bed. When he made no move to put it on, I threatened, "If you don't wear it, oh God so help me, I'll stuff you in it myself!"

He grabbed his shirt with one swift motion and slipped into it. I was almost sorry to see his bare skin disappear under clothes as he buttoned it up.

Stay focused. His chest might look absolutely enticing, but don't let that affect you, you idiot!

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and took a deep breath. "I spoke to your mother." He opened his mouth to berate me but I cut him off first. "Which was the only reason why I could pick up clues."