10. The mysteries of Rikkard Ambrose

Goal: 100 votes 100 comments

I realised that I got the filing system wrong in my previous chapters lol. I turned the name of the boxes into the names of files hahahaha.

I KEEP ON HITTING THE 'PUBLISH' BUTTON WHEN SCROLLING TO EDIT. KILL ME.

Quick sketch of how I imagine Lilly (Kind of). I suck at drawing male faces so I didn't do Ambrose.

Prestissimo: Very very fast (a term used in music

Prestissimo: Very very fast (a term used in music.)

Irascible: Characterised by anger/easily provoked to anger.

Amalgamate: To mix or join.

Fopdoodle: An insignificant or foolish man.

Algid: Cold.

*************

Mr Linton,

Fetch file 228B

Rikkard Ambrose.

I grabbed the requested file and shoved it angrily under the partition door.

Mr Linton,

Bring file 156B

Rikkard Ambrose

The next file slid mutinously into his office.

Mr Linton,

Give me 38IV291

Rikkard Ambrose

Oh how spiffing! With a grunt, I heaved the box to the door.

"Will it trouble you to open the bloody door, sir?" My arms were screaming from the strain but I refused to say it out loud and give him the satisfaction of telling me to work on my upper body strength.

Just as I completed my sentence, the door was flung open. He didn't talk, neither did I. Marching past him like good little soldier, I slammed the weighty item down on his desk, and turned to leave. His visage just served to make me more agitated than I already was.

"Mr Linton." Would it surprise you if I say that his voice was cold and curt like always?

I turned around and snapped rudely, "What?"

The way his stormy eyes were trained on me sent a shiver down my spine. His gaze seemed to slide over my entire body, analysing from my stance to my irritated expression. What did I do wrong this time? Did I not look male enough? I straightened my back and glared very mannishly at him.

"What is it, sir?"

He opened his mouth and for a moment, I got the impression that he had something very important to say. I felt my heartbeat quicken and body tense up as he wet his lips.