The Proposal (Part 1)

Griffonage: A messy or illegible scrawl

**********

Mr Linton,

Fetch file 189Q

Rikkard Ambrose

I hurried to the box, drew out the requested file and slid it under his door.

Mr Linton,

Bring me file 110B

Rikkard Ambrose

Mr Linton,

File 201E

Rikkard Ambrose

Mr Linton,

Hurry up

Rikkard Ambrose

This routine continued for a good half a day and I groaned. This bastard had refused to see me and kept his dastardly door locked. What was his problem?

Mr Linton,

Fetch box 31IV224

Rikkard Ambrose

Yes! He wants a box!

I grabbed up my trusty fountain pen and composed a message in my best griffonage.

Dear Mr Ambrose,

I will require you to open your goddy door for that!

Yours Faithfully,
MISS Lillian Linton

Somehow that blockhead still hadn't gotten it through his thick skull that I was inevitably woman, even after a few liplocks.

There were times that I was tempted to tear off my clothes and show him how female I really was.

Mr Linton,

I do not recall having a female secretary.

Rikkard Ambrose

That message made me see red. It has been more than one bloody year and he was still as hard headed as ever!

My pen stabbed the paper, almost perforating it.

Dearest MISS Ambrose,

I am very much a male as you are female.

Love, your loyal but infuriating secretary,
Miss Lillian Linton

HA I'll show him! I smiled in grim satisfaction as I placed the the paper roll into the hollow cylinder and chucked it into the hole.

Pressing the side of my head against the separating door, I kept my ears peeled for any sound.

A soft ping! sounded in Mr Ambrose's office and a muffled snarl followed shortly after. My face split into a massive smirk.

There was a shuffle of paper then the sound of his usual cool, uncaring footsteps ― just that they didn't sound that cool and uncaring this time ― made their way to the partition door.

I leapt away as if I had been burnt, and hurriedly settled myself into my chair. He was coming!

A surge of excitement at seeing his expression, or the lack of it, coursed through my veins.

I immediately chided myself for being so eager. What was wrong with me? I felt like a needy hussy. I was a strong, independent feminist! Such behaviour was utterly unacceptable.