Drunk Fun (Part 1)

I feel like I'm running out of vocabulary so please excuse some repetitions. This is also according to an actual scene in the original book so some speech will be similar.

This is going to be an AU(alternate universe) version of 'Storm and Silence' chapter 62 to around chapter 69, where Lilly gets super drunk. Guess who is going to get drunk/high now? ;))

*

RECAP of actual book:
Lilly, Ambrose and Karim went to a pub: 'The Plough and Anchor' to look for the middle man in the transaction of the file. On the way there, Lilly kept bugging Ambrose about his relationship with Miss Hamilton (obviously jealous of that 'wretch').

In the original book, Lilly became drunk and they got into a fight with Lord Dalgliesh's men. And then she and Ambrose did some hanky panky things in his office ;)

*

Chav: low class/ white trash

Inebriated: Drunk

Mohammedan: A common old British slang for Muslims. (It is not meant to be racist so please do not get unnecessarily angry in my comments. I just want to make this story as accurate and close to Sir Rob's version as possible.)

Sahib: An arabic term for 'master'

*******************

"Aye this ain't half bad! Another one, me good fellow!"

My jaw rattled to the floor. Who in the name of all good samaritans was this man? He looked exactly the same as Mr Ambrose ― minus the ten year old coat that was still in mint condition ― except for the fact that his cold, aristocratic attitude had vanished into thin air.

He donned Warren's battered and grime ridden outer wear and cap. One of his legs was placed loosely over the other and an elbow rested on the greasy bar. My psuedo boss even committed the grevious grammatical errors of the lower class as he roared about having more 'pigs ears'.

He slammed the tankard down and bellowed. "I said another drink ye worm eaten wanker!"

He cursed! I blinked furiously.

"Wait you arsemonger!" The pot-bellied bar man growled back. "I'm coming!"

I rubbed my eyes and pinched my skin to make sure I was awake. Maybe the sick fumes and foul vibes of the establishment were getting to my head.

"What in the Queen's name are you doing?" I leaned forward and hissed.

He jumped violently, almost spilling his beer.

"Mr Linton!" The limb-freezing voice returned from the corner of his mouth. Soft as it may be, it was still the vocalisation I was familiar with.

Huzzah! Authentic Mr Ambrose was alive and kicking. I wasn't stuck in a strange dream, instead just had the opportunity to watch his superb acting skills. I sighed in relief.

"Didn't I give you specific orders to remain outside?"

"Pardon me sir. I'm not exactly the epitome of female obedience."

"I can see that." His sea coloured eyes bored holes through me.

"But what do you want with 'pigs ears'? This is a bar, not a goddy farm!" I protested, still emotionally shaken. This day was getting weirder by the seconds. Before I know it, he might be asking for horse hooves too!

"Pig ears is a cockney slang for 'big beers'." His tone suggested that I was being an idiot in his books. "And I order you to leave now!"

"I'm staying." I decided, meeting up to his freezing glare with a heated glower. Ice could be melted by fire and just given time, I was confident that my blazing glare could reduce him into a puddle of water. "I'll need to make sure that you won't drink yourself senseless."