✴Chapter 14: Straightforward

Start from the beginning

“I am Davina Claire." said first the girl, giving a small smile to break the ice.

But the ice wasn't willing to break that easily.

“Hey.” he spat and quickly rolled his eyes turning his gaze somewhere else.

Okay. Not rude at all.

Kol raised his head, his eyes studying- or more precisely, glaring viciously at Fin and without saying any word, he turned his back and stormed out of the house. What the.. What had happened between those two?

Klaus, being the cunning fox he was, quickly caught up with the events and when he noticed that the girl was watching, he cleared his throat and straightened up giving her one more sly smirk. “Anyway, aren't you hungry Davina? You should eat something. Rebekah can prepare an omelette for you.”

“How thoughtful, thank you.” she replied, shuddering once she heard her own words spilling from her mouth.

“Oh then I came just in time.” another voice joined the conversation, their shoes clicking against the ground. Rebekah was carrying proudly her own creation, a warm omelette and its scent filling the room; it was mouthwatering.

“There you are, Davina. I hope you like it."

“Thanks Rebekah. Won't eat something too though? Or anyone else?"

“Oh we have already eaten.” answered Elijah, “And it's time for us to go too. Fin, won't you come?”

Fin groaned and forced himself up, his feet leading him outside the house and without any farther words, or sounds, he left. What a peculiar guy.

I am not hungry, not right now at least.” said Rebekah, “I was never the type of person who ate in the morning anyway. I will grab something later on. For now, you should enjoy your own omelette.”

Okay, something is very very very strange going on today.

Davina watched as the Mikealson brothers walked out of the house, each one taking a sharp long sword with them. Yet, she kept thinking of one one thing. Why would Kol storm out of the room like that? It had something to do with Fin, definitely, by the looks of it. Moreover, everyone was acting as if they were trying to hide something from her. What the hell was going on anyway? Did she miss something while she was sleeping?

Dammit! That could have been a great opportunity for her to discover something about them. Or their past.

“I hope it's nice.” the blonde girl spoke as she pulled a chair and sat across from her, “It has some mushrooms which only grow in our forests. Don't worry though, they are not poisonous or anything.” she let out an awkward laugh.

Something about that sentence made Davina feel a bit uncertain.

She just smiled politely at her, return in her attention to the omelette. Rebekah stood still for a moment, studying the brunette's face for a brief second. “You certainly do know a lot about the supernatural existence, do you not Davina?”

Woah, that was a sudden question. “Excuse me?” she blinked with her puffed cheeks.

“I know this came out all of a sudden but, I can't stop thinking about our conversation yesterday in the forest. In a place like this I was just wondering if..”

“If..?”

“... You are familiar with witches too.”

She gulped. Did she know? Did she find out? Or did Esther instructed her to ask her? The questions were swirling around her mind and while she was searching answers to her own questions, she also had to give the correct answers to Rebekah.

Davina gulped the food in her mouth, wiping her face with a napkin. “I have heard about them. Haven't seen one before, though.”

Rebekah bit her under lip, glancing over her shoulder at the back room Esther mostly entered. She seemed uncertain of whether she should confide in the young girl. Or perhaps, it was because there was another person on the other room, secretly listening to their discussion.

“Rebekah, could you leave for a moment? I want to have a word with our dear Davina.”

And that person was no one else but Esther Mikealson of course.

And she seemed deadly serious, her deep hazy eyes staring down at Davina Claire.