Dec 1979-(10)- Battles Start

Vitale was throwing punches after punches to the punch bag in the basement of the hotel his family was staying. He had a day from hell yesterday and he couldn't comprehend why it had to go wrong to this extent. Where the hell did Juliano come from out of the blue? Was the guy serious?

He glanced at the door that opened. His sister was coming in. He sighed in frustration " Go outside Tiziana."

Tiziana shook her head " I don't want to go back to my room. Mum and dad are still arguing about what happened yesterday."

Vitale took a deep breath " Are you okay?"

Tiziana came in and sat down on a chair next to the door. She crossed her arms over her chest " Why would I be ok? Our parents are fighting all because of me."

Vitale sighed " I am sorry."

Tiziana shrugged " Sorry wouldn't fix anything Vitale. This is a big mess. If mum gets her way then dad would hand over Letizia to the Lucianos. Then you have to get yourself another girl. If grandpa Vitorio gets his way I am going to be promised to Juliano. Which one of them do you think will win? Mum? Sofia Rosario, the Don's daughter in law or the Don? So here you go."

Vitale got off the boxing ring and walked to Tiziana " What does dad think?"

Tiziana laughed bitterly. Her father was the mighty Pietro Rosario. He was the eldest son of the don but he had little authority compared to the don. it didnt matter what he thought. She sighed " He would do what grandpa tells him to do. He will have to do as our grandpa says."

Vitale asked " I didnt ask what he is likely to do. I asked... what does he think?"

Tiziana replied " I dont think it matters... I think you should ask him yourself. You would like not his solution. That is all I can tell you."

Vitale frowned " What is it? What does he propose? War?"

Tiziana shook her head "No. it's peace he is after but you won't like the outcome. Trust me"

Vitale was frustrated " Tell me. What does he want to do?"

Tiziana sighed " Like I said. Go ask him yourself. His suggestion is quite outrageous. As outrageous as what Juliano is suggesting to me."

Vitale was quite curious "Fine. I go ask him now then."

Tiziana stood up and walked away to the door " Yes. Do that while I go for a walk to clear my head." She then walked outside before her brother could folow her outside. She was mad at Vitale. She had come between her and Scorpious. It was so tragic that Scorpious was put in such difficult situation that he had to threaten her brother. This was so sad. Yesterday a price was declared for forgiving letizia after she had attempted to kill a bride at a Luciano wedding which had happened years ago. The Lucianos had asked for Tiziana to be promised to Juliano to marry him when she was of legal age.

Tiziana felt like her head was spinning at that moment as she recalled how she was told about Scorpious's reaction to this. He was livid. He had threatened to murder Vitale and Juliano if this agreement went ahead. he held Vitale personally responsible and had every intention of defending Tiziana's honour. Lucianos were not accepting money or assets from Rosarios in exchange for peace. They wanted Letizia to be handed over to them to be published or they were going to go to war and get Letizia by force unless Tiziana accepted the peace contract. What was her life worth to these people? Not much. They didnt care about condemning her to a life with Juliano that she had no love for. Juliano loved her. He loved her to death. But she just didnt return his affections. Tiziana never thought she would find herself in a love triangle. She thought this kind of love was only in fantasies but it had happened to her unfortunately. She was loved by both Scorpious and Juliano. She only wanted Scorpious and no one else. But now she could be forced to part with him.

Tiziana shuddered at the thought of having to marry Juliano one day and Scorpious carrying out his threats. She wasnt sure what was more disturbing to her. The thought of marrying Juliano or Scorpious threatening her brother and Juliano.

Just as she was walking around the snowy hotel grounds and was drowned in her thoughts, she bumped into a hard barrier. She fell backwards but strong arms pulled her back and his warmth surrounded her as he embraced her "Good morning beautiful" His voice was the most soothing when he wished it to be. "Are you safe? Has anyone hurt you?"

Tiziana looked up at Scorpious as she wrapped her arms around his waist "I am fine. No one has hurt me... yet..."

Scorpious frowned "And they will never ... not as long as I am live. I will kill them all if they try to push you to lose your free will... Who do they think they are?"

Tiziana sighed "Look... Scorpious... I heard about what you said in the meeting yesterday. I dont like this arrangement at all. But by the sound of it, the Don agrees to this. My parents cant stop him if he orders the Rosarios to hand me over."

Scorpious held her tightly and kissed her forehead " I swear to you that I will not allow anyone to touch you... I love you Tiziana. A piece of paper means nothing to me. If your father signs any papers today, it doesnt mean you have to agree. You should simply refuse any arrangement that involved you. This is not your fault. Just say no. refuse. We will go to war. My uncles will take the side of their blood. It doesnt matter that Julietta is Andreas's girlfriend. She is not blood to my uncle Arturo. He will support me. He said he will. My uncle Ambrogio also will be on my side. We will fight and wont let anyone take you away... Of course peacefully I will speak to these people but if they try to force you to sacrifice your life for Letizia then I will kill them all."

Tiziana trembled "Scorpious... I dont want a war... My father is innocent... My brother is innocent. I know you are willing to kill for me... But my family dont want me to be with Juliano. The Don decides. you cant try to punish my family for something that they have no say in. The Don agrees to the arrangement but my parents are dead against it. Whatever Rosarios agree to is the words of the don. But no matter what happens today, the Don is not going to be in power forever. He is not one to give orders in years to come... He has an heir... No matter what he decides, the next don can over rule it and call any agreements void."

Scorpious stared into her eyes "I wouldnt hold my breath. If your father and your brother allow Luciano to take you away then they dont deserve to be called men. A man who cant protect his family is not worthy of breathing. They deserve to die."

Tiziana wrapped her arms around his neck and stood on her tip toes as she kissed his lips. He smiled as he kissed her back. She then pulled away "Scorpious. You dont mean that... Please dont talk about my family like that. I told you. They dont want me to marry Juliano. Its the Don that has the final say... He has ill health. He can't lead. He is passing on his authority to his heir.

Scorpios asked "When? When the don dies? He may live beyond hundred unless we kill him"

Tiziana shrugged "Not necessarily.... When his heir claims it he steps aside..."

Scorpious asked "So Paulo Rosario is the one who will make the final decison today and not the don? What does he think?"

Tiziana looked at Scorpious "Its not him... Its Vincenzo..."

Scorpious coughed "Pardon me? Him? He is still in high school."

Tiziana explained "He is chosen to be the heir. All families respect him.... He has honour and now people swear by his name. He has done alot to impress those who work for Rosarios, You can use money to buy anything but not loyalty and respect. He has loyalty. People who work under the don respect Vincenzo and so do the allies. Any decision he makes is law..."

Scorpious Sighed "This is crazy... I dont want to be in his depth though. I will make sure I can save you myself. I will fight for you. I dont need another man to fight for my woman. I will marry you one day Tiziana and no man can stop me."

Tiziana shuddered at the meaning behind his words. His presence as a mob boss was being felt by her and many. He was a born leader.

🎉 Du hast A Mob Boss's Alliance (Side story to Book 3 New York Mafia Trilogy) fertig gelesen 🎉