1970s (8) Being Loved

One month later

Amethyst was lying on her bed under her soft blanket listening to her brother talking about his school day. It was a typical evening. It had been almost one month ever since she had woken up from her coma.  She wasn't as confused as she was before. Slowly everything was making sense and she was learning what had happened. When she had first woken up she was in too much shock and all she knew was the need to give her mother a hug who was crying. It was her instinct. They had missed her and she could feel they were sad. Then they had brought her home. Nurses and doctors had taken care of her non stop explaining her situation slowly and introducing her to food as well as helping her to get used to walking. Ice cream and soup was all she ate mostly at first because her stomach wasn't used to food and she didn't feel very hungry either since they gave her nutrition through injections and serums.

Now Amethyst was slowly getting back to the habit of having light food and going for short walks. She still ate in her bed and rested in bed spending her time reading and greeting visitors. Her mother and brother alongside her grand parents dropped by in her room alot... Her father also came to see her frequently every night with a gift. Every single night he bought her something new for her to add to her collection in her room that hardly had space for anything else now. Her father had ordered new furniture, new clothing, new equipment and anything she used to have for her. According to Andreas, all her old belongings which was the reminder of her coma was all burnt down at the site of the hospital where she had spent one year. Her father had burnt the place down and had interrogated and tortured every single doctor and nurse. He had in the end reluctantly let go of the doctors he had captured. Her uncle Francesco had done a lot of interfering to save her uncle Pietro and all Rosario guards. She was happy everything was going back to normal. She also was glad her twin still told her everything and trusted her. Andreas wasn't meant to tell her half the things he said. But they had no secrets. Amethyst was aware of everything around her and her mother had raised her to be observant and accepting of who she was and who her family were.

Andreas picked up one of her books from her library " Have you finished reading this? Can I borrow it? I need it for a school project..."

Amethyst smiled "Sure. Since when do you ask?"

Andreas shrugged as he flipped through the pages " Since dad comes and checks your room every night. He will kill me if you complain to him I take your stuff...."

Amethyst sighed " I am sorry... I hope I can recover in the next few weeks so I can come to school and ... go to the prom,., How can I catch up for one year of absence?"

Andreas sighed and sat down on the edge of her bed as he held the book in his hand " Come on. You are ahead of the class because of last year's private tuition. Mother is recruiting the best tutors to help you complete content of two years so you won't have to repeat the year. I will help you... School should be least of your worries..."

Amethyst nodded and whispered " I know... I am sorry. I shouldn't worry about that... I should worry about mum and dad... What if they get a divorce? What are we going to do?"

Andreas assured her " They won't separate amethyst... What makes you think that?"

Amethyst sounded sad " They never have come to see me together. Mum and dad can't be in the same room for so long. You only see them together st dinner time. Right? They never even go out.., Dad is mad at mum and it's ... all my fault...."

Andreas shook his head vigorously " Don't... don't ever say that.... Father would forgive mom one day. It takes time..."

Amethyst asked " Do you see them together except at dinner time?"

Andreas shrugged " I can't know. I am grounded. Remember. I am only allowed in my room and yours of course. Then at meal times I see our parents. That's about it. Unless dad takes me to his business meetings I can't see anyone or anything else except the walls in my room and yours...."