It wasn't really my car, it was the car beside mine but there were so many people there that it seemed that way. I shoved my way through, shouting 'excuse me' and 'pardon me' here and there. "Move, people. Can you not see he's trying to get to his car?" Someone said from in the crowd. People turned to me and moved out of the way. Then a guy popped up, pushing people back so I could get through. It was Calum.

"Thank you." I said, getting in my car. I backed out and before I drove off I looked in my rearview mirror and he stood there, waving bye. I shook my head and drove off.

I ran up the stairs and unlocked my apartment door. The door clicked open and I stumbled in, heading for my bed. I shut the door behind and and walked over to my room, shedding clothes off of me each step. I laid back on the bed and let out a loud sigh. Finally, it's over.

I heard a buzzing coming from the end of my bed. I groaned and sat up. My pants pocket lit up. I reached down and pulled out my phone. Mia was calling me.

I answered and laid back on the bed. "Hey." I said.

"Don't hey me." She said. "How was your first day?"

"It was actually pretty good. Not as bad as I thought it'd be." I said, closing my eyes. "I'm actually really tired."

"Oh, well I just wanted to check up on you." I heard someone in the background, shouting something at her. "Auntie Claire says hi."

"Tell her I said hey." Her voice was distant as she told her what I said.

"Alrighty, then. I just wanted to see how you were. How's rent?" She asked.

I bit my lip, wondering if I should tell her or not. I've only been here about a week and I'm already doing terrible with rent. I realized I hesitated to long and she picked up on it.

"How bad is it?" She asked, voice low.

"I don't think I'll be able to afford this weeks rent. It took nearly all of the money I brought to pay last weeks rent. I got a job at some cafe but I don't think that'll be enough." I sighed.

"Maybe you should get a roommate. That could settle things." She answered.

"I'm not going to sleep in the same apartment with someone I don't know." I said, sitting up. I put back on my pants and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Well, Theo, its either that or moving back."

"I'm staying. I already started school."

"How about you put up a poster or something and just test it out? Maybe someone who's not a serial killer will show up." I could practically see her smiling on the other side.

"I don't know. I may." I did really consider it. Maybe it won't be to bad.

"Hey, I gotta go. Talk soon, ok?" She said.

"Yeah, bye Mia."

"Bye Theo, love ya." She said and hung up. I dropped the phone on the bed.

"Love you too." I put my shirt on and grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket. I need to go out and get stuff for school. I need more pencils, a red shirt and black shorts, and I need candy to get me through the week.

I grabbed my keys off of the counter and walked out. I decided to go to Wal-Mart and quickly get my things. I started my car and drove. Maybe Mia's right. I think it'd be good to get a roommate. Then I'd be forced to learn how to live with someone instead of staying alone all the time.

That was another reason I wanted to come back. So I could be alone. But now that I really see it, I'm gonna need some help from a real person.

****

I put the bags on the counter and put the keys on the hook. I pulled out my laptop and typed up a nice paper about me looking for a roommate. All I needed to do was print it and figure out where to put them at. I saved it and closed the laptop. I need a shower.

I stood and went to the bathroom. I started up a shower and went over to my drawers and pulled out some sweatpants and new pair of boxers. I stripped and climbed in the shower.

I finished and got dressed. I wrapped the towel around my hair and walked out. I didn't even bother with a shirt. I checked the time. 7:23. I decided to spend the rest of the time watching a movie and eating. I fixed me a simple hot pocket and went to the living room. I grabbed my laptop and brought it with me. The couch was fair so I didn't complain. I sat down, put my hot pocket down. I opened my laptop and put on Netflix.

And that's what I spent the night doing. I finished my hot pocket and laid down, laptop resting on my chest. My eyelids got heavy and my limbs were heavy. I closed my eyes and ended up falling asleep.

I woke up around 9 and found my glasses on the floor. My laptop was on the coffee table, closed. I guess I had enough energy to put my laptop away but not to take my glasses off. I stood sleepily and went to the room. I turned off all of the lights and put my glasses in the nightstand.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out.

********