Chapter 11- Dark Horse

Max didn't ask me any questions, just picked me up and carried me back to the house. He took me into my bedroom and tucked me in, sitting in the chair placed by it so someone could watch over me. They had to wake me up every hour, so I couldn't slip into the ever threatening coma. I couldn't believe Chris had kissed me. I felt sick to my stomach and grabbed the blanket, frantically scrubbing at my lips. Max grabbed my wrist and stilled me. "What are you doing? What happened out there?" I just layed down and went to sleep.

--------------Back to the Present-----------

After he realized that I wasn't going to break down and tell him, he quit asking me about the events of that night. He was angry about it, you could tell by the way he slouched and didn't say anything. Whenever someone asked him something he grunted out a single syllable response and left it at that. I didn't like seeing him angry, but I knew this was nothing compared to the anger he would feel if he knew the truth. I can only guess which one of us would leave in a body bag, me or Chris. Chris, who hadn't spoken a word to me since that night. Chris who always had an excuse not to take his watch. I think everyone knew something had happened between us, but no one had the balls to say anything. When I went over to the band house to see Angelo and Devin, Chris would give me these cold ass glares and storm up to his room and slam the door. The guys would just shake their heads and pretend nothing had happened.

I was currently watching my gymnastics team perform at a meet. I wish I could be out there on the mats but after I blacked out mid jump and landed myself in the hospital with a sprained wrist the boys forced me to quit. They literally locked me in my room till I called my coach an told her I quit. It was awful and I was so angry with my parents, if they hadn't hurt me I would be able to perform. That was until Angelo reminded me that I wouldn't have the drive to do the things I do in the first place. I had to agree. I just hope I can resume my usual activities soon. I cheered as one of the girls from my team got first place. I ran up and hugged her. "You were amazing!" I said excitedly. She thanked me and ran off with the rest of the team. I watched them pack up and leave. Pulling my own gear together I walked out the main doors and got into my car. The guys didn't want me driving on my own but I had insisted on driving and since Chris couldn't come up with an excuse he was forced to go with me. I got in the drivers seat and he plopped into the passenger seat. Yesterday I had gone and bought myself a pretty new truck. As I pulled out onto the highway back to Candy's house, I started thinking about what Angelo said the other day. He was right. I started debating about calling them and telling them I was alive. The next thing I knew, Chris was yanking the steering wheel towards him and screaming something. I couldn't hear him, why couldn't I hear him? My vision blurred and I succumbed to the darkness.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

A/N hey everyone sorry this chapter is super short and unedited, I'm uploading from mobile. I gave you a cliffy today. I hope you like it. Please vote comment and subscribe. The title was a reference to the blackouts. I got the inspiration from Katy Perry's second single from Prism- Dark Horse. (Go listen to it it's awesome)