Chapter 51

Gracie's POV

December 1, 2016.

"We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!" I heard from the lips of Lin.

Can he not? I mean it is literally the first day of December. I mean like in two weeks it would be acceptable.

"So bring me some figgy pudding." Lin sang again, but this time into my ear.

"Don't you have something better to do? I don't know like getting ready for your show."

See when I get to the theater, the first thing I do is get ready for that night's show. Then, different from a normal night's show, I went to Lin's dressing room.

I plopped up my show shoes up on his dressing room counter, and continued to text Dan.

What about Dan? Thank you for asking about me and him. It has been ups and downs with him. Recently things have been good with him.

"Who are you texting, Gracie?" Lin asked me in an annoying tone. I rolled my eyes at him, because he knew who I was texting.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me, missy?" Lin turned his Christmas music self off and turned to parental father Lin.

"Did you just sing the whole entire Christmas Carol album?" I contorted back at him.

"I believe he did" I knew that voice anywhere.

"Anthony!" I went to hug him fast, "How are you?"

I have been staying with Lin since Jazzy just had her baby and the attention is all on Finley.

I mean I didn't need much attention, I was just a foster- Oh, I forgot I was adopted. I can't use that saying anymore.

"We are good," Jasmine pepped from behind him.

I hugged her, after my brief hug with her boyfriend.

The look of her body! I mean most women look kinda slumped for two months after birth. No! Not Jasmine Cephas Jones, she just bounced back right away. Goodbye Preggo Jazzy. Hello bikini ready Jazzy.

"How's Finley?" I hugged Jasmine around he already gone stomach.

"She is perfect. If you don't mind constant baby crying!" She laughed holding onto my elbows down to my hands.

"Constant!" Anthony whispered into my ear making me laugh.

"Well Finley is a baby!" I giggle, Jasmine looked so happy and healthy. That made me smile.

"As much as I love this girly get together," Anthony said, "Jazzy and I need to talk to Lin, alone!"

Alone? What did that mean? Why would they need to talk to Lin, alone? What is so secretive that I can't hear?

"Oh. I will just get out of here and go uh....to Andrew's dressing room." I loss the hope in my eyes. Was this about my adoption?

I went from Lin's dressing room on the bottom floor, up to Andrew's room on the second floor.

"The Queen is here." I announced for a change.

I saw Andrew and Thayne lounging around looking at themselves.

Andrew smiled, and flipped his phone camera at me, "This child says she's the queen?"

"I am the queen," I announced one more time.

"Hmmm...She has obviously never met me."

He let his afro flow from up to down after his snapchat ended.

"Thayne. My man." I sauntered over to him.

"I thought your man was Dan??" Andrew asked.

I licked my lips, "Now Dan is my man!" Then, raised my eyebrows up and down.

They both rolled their eyes at me, and Thayne laughed with his big goofy smile.

"Gracie, come in my snap shot over here."

I walked over behind him, and he starts filming,"If you could have another Broadway boyfriend besides Dan of course, who would it be?"

Well, That sure is an awkward question. I don't know how to answer that question. Nor do I know how do I answer that question.

"Nicholas Barasch." The room went quiet, and you could almost here a pin drop.  Andrew turned his head back at me, and Thayne looked speechless.

"Did she just..." Thayne spoke up, but I thought he was speechless. 

"What?" I said, in an attempt to clear my case.

Andrew put his phone back up to record again, "Who would be your second Broadway boyfriend other than Nick, and your boyfriend Dan?"

"I got it...Jeremy Jordan. God have you heard his voice in Sante Fe. Like Bars on Bars on Bars."

Thayne got really excited jumping up and down,"I was in Newsies, I have his number. Let's call him!"

                                •••

"So, what was the big meeting with Lin about?" I asked Anthony in the hallway of the Richard Rodgers.

"Oh it wasn't a big deal! We were talking about Christmas. We respect that He wants time with his family and we want our time with our family. So, You will do Christmas Eve morning at his house, and Christmas Eve after noon to Christmas Night at our house."

"Sounds fair!"

"Gracie! Jeremy Jordan is calling back for you." I looked at Anthony with a guilty smile on my lips.

"Now. He is like 32! I want you to know that he is too old for you."

AN// Did you see Wattpad like killed my account and wouldn't recognise my book excised. #BringBroadwayKidBack  was a thing. Love you guys.

-Kenz