Chapter 13

I sat on Lin's bed surfing on my Twitter answering fan question some went along the lines off:

"@graciedanielsramos28 What is the best thing about Anthony and Lin? "

"@anthonyxjasmine They are very "fatherly" and protective and I love that"

Lin stood in the doorway to his dressing room, staring at me as I began tweeting the Ham fans back.

"Everything is set up. You want to go see it" Lin said, I hoped off the bed and ran to the stage where there were mattresses and sleeping bags. There was food set up backstage, Thayne would look that. There was even a projector, where they could play movies.

"There's only one thing missing."

"What would that be?"

"Nick" I was all fluttered with giggles and butterflies, Lin rolled his eyes.

"Well, it's a Hamilton party...not a Broadway party. Next thing we do is invite the whole "She Loves Me" cast."

"Wait really, I just love Laura's voice and Jane's splits are amazing-"

"No!" Lin yelled

I pouted, crossed her arms, and looked up at him.

"Stop doing that, Gracie."

The party went on, People sang as if they didn't do that enough. Pippa sang "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again " from Phantom of the Opera.

We were all blown away, I mean it was Pippa Soo. Did they expect anything less than perfection? Next Renee and Daveed sang Beyoncé, the harmonies were superb. I wish I could that be that talented.

I turned on my phone, I read 6 notifications: 3 missed calls, 2 voice mails, 1 text message. Each call was from Jane Krakowski, Zachary Levi, and Gavin Creel. That many notifications  worried me. First, I listened to the voicemail from Jane.

"Gracie. This is Jane, Nicholas has been in an accident. He fell during the show...Well backstage. He is in a lot of pain. And well, We are in the Ambulance on the way to the hospital on Broadway. Nick just really wants you to be there."

Zachary's voicemail was the same. I ran to Lin and showed him the voicemail, He went to talk to Jazzy and Anthony.

"I'll take her to the hospital."

Jasmine refused the offer, "She's our kid."

"She's my kid, too. Let me do this"

Finally, They gave in to Lin's offer. Lin and I put on our coats, beanies, and scarves. Then, off went Lin and Ito the hospital.

"I want you to like Nick."

This is the most awkward conversation I have been avoiding.

"Why does it matter?"

"Because I value your opinion."

Lin sighed in frustration, "I suppose if it means so much to you, I can like him."

When we got to the hospital, I imminently rushed to Nick's room. We met Zachary and Laura outside his room. Lin stayed with them, while I went into the room.

"Gracie."

"Nick."

He had his leg in a temporary wrapped cast and next to him were crutches. What the heck did you do? I ran to hug him! The hug was nice but, it was cut short by Jane and Gavin taking pictures of the hug.

"Really? Gavin, I expected you but Jane, that's low even for you. " Nick said, letting go of my back. 

"I had too, you two are just so cute." Jane commented.

"She's right, you know Nick" Gavin replied 

I  asked the very important question of: What happened?

"I was waiting to go on for "Try Me", and got hit by the set piece on the track. It's just a broken leg...and a sprained wrist....and a minor head injury" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Although I wasn't surprised, after all it was Nick. He was such a clutz 

"Nick, how about we go get you some hospital food while the doctor looks over the MRI testings" Gavin said, as he left with Jane.

"I...can not believe this happened" I said, as I covered her face.

"It's-It's okay. You want to take a seat." Nick patted the hospital bed, as he scooted over.

We talked through the accident as the doctor came and put a blue cast on his leg. He delivered news that there was nothing wrong with his head, and he could go home in the morning. Then, Nick and I talked in the room until both of us fell asleep in the hospital room. 

I felt the flash on my face, "Sweet children in love", Lin took the picture of Nick and I. Then I thought I heard 'Great...I have to wake up Gracie'.

He tried to wake me up, I very in sleepy. He tried to lift me up but I didn't want to move away from him. 

"Hey Gracie...Time to get up." I finally opened my eyes.

"Is Nick-"

"He's still asleep, Gracie"

"Oh"

"Let him sleep, How about we come back in the morning."

When we got back to the Theater, where everybody was asleep. I found an empty mattress and tried to go sleep. My thoughts were on him.

Nick Barasch.