Chapter 35

Gracie's POV

Anthony walked into my room and carefully sat at the edge of my bed. We had just got back from eating dinner which Lin bombarded me with Jazz and Anthony.

"We need to talk." He says, reaching for my hand.

I scoff and pull my hand away from him, "You didn't seem to want to talk to me when you were rescued from the island. Why didn't you call me?! I was a wreck and you didn't call me! You are supposed to be my dad and the only person that was there for me was Lin!" I scream at him.

He looks down in shame, "Gracie, I'm so sorry."

"You know what? No. I am not dealing with this." I say, standing up and getting out of bed. I grab my phone and run out of the Lin's apartment, Anthony calling after me. I continue to run until I reach the place that I am heading.

I knock on the door of Nick's apartment until he opened. He swung the door open and I immediately looked at him with sadden eyes. He was taken by surprise, me showing up out of nowhere. A single tear fell down my face, from my eye to my chin.

Nick embraced me into a hug, gently sobs turned harsh. His chin placed on the top of my head, his hands placed around the smol of my back.

"What is this all about, Gracie?" He asks me still holding me, like a good boyfriend does.

"Everything!" I let go of him, wiping the tears off my face, "Jazzy and Anthony are pushing our relationship, and I j-just.."

It was the first time that I had actually admitted my problems to anyone. I feel like I couldn't talk, it would just take a second to catch my breath.

"I'm sorry! I just didn't know what to do or where to go."

He put his hands on my shoulders, "You're always welcome here, G. I love you! "

He embraced me back into a hug, 'Wow, he said he loves me' I thought to myself. That felt really good.

"Do you just want to sit on the couch, and hangout, " Nick said, "maybe watch a movie."

"Only if we can watch She Loves Me?" I asked hopeful he would say yes.

"Ugh," Nick said," Only for you, Gracie."

He just happen to have Broadway's 2016 She Loves Me on DVD. We got cozied up on the couch, with covers and pillows.

He turned the DVD on, and singed and laughed through the whole entire thing.

"Hey, that's you!" I pointed out him, as he did his solo Try Me . I made fun of Nick every second of the solo that I could.

Soon after his song, We fell asleep. My arms wrapped around his waist, and his chin on the top of my head.

I woke up in what I wore the night before. No, but this had to wake Nick up, Why?

"Gracie, What's wrong?" He got up wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I got to go. Lin is going to kill me if he finds out I slept over here"

Nick looked at me, with a sleepy look on his face. Wow, was he cute!

"Hey?" I put my hand on his cheek, and he looked up, "I love you, ok?"

He nodded to me holding my hand until I left his place. I checked my phone and I had a dozen messages from Lin, Vanessa, Anthony, and Jasmine.

Wow, Lin was going to kill me!

I knew where just to go, I walked four blocks down towards midtown and walked 6 floors up to a specific apartment. I then knocked on the door.

"Carleigh, I need to come in!"

Carleigh Bettiol stood there in a pajamas, with messy hair. Even with messy hair, she looked flawless.

"Gracie? What are you doing." She stuck her head out of her apartment door.

"I need to talk to you!"

After telling her that, She let me into her apartment which is where I sat down on her couch.

Where I looked dumbfound when Gregory walked out. In pajamas, What was going on here?

"Oh, Hey Gracie...What are you doing here...What is she doing here?"

"So Game plan: I was here all night!" I tell them to which they had a confused look on their faces.

Out of all of the people in Hamilton, these two would always help me.

Somewhat edited.
-Kenz