Chapter 14 - Dizzy Miss Lizzy 🕒Thursday, November 7th, 1963🕞

Start from the beginning

"Hello my dear, don't you look lovely today!" he said, kissing my hand. I recoiled quickly in surprise.

"John!" I squealed. "You're married!"

"So?" he asked in amusement. "I can admire a work of art, carn't I? And that was a fact, yer do look lovely." I felt my face go up in flames.

"Thank you." I said, turning to see George shooting John daggers from across the room.

"Georgie certainly thinks so, don't you, Geo?" John added, cackling dirtily at the end. I felt the color drain from my face.

"John!" I snapped angrily. George ventured cautiously over and I offered him a smile as he quickly averted his eyes.

"Thank you for the flowers again." I said, smiling.

"Yer most welcome." he said. John got up and headed for the kitchen.

"Well, looks like another episode of the latest BBC soap opera, thank you for tuning in, do hope you'll join us next time!" he called out in a posh voice. George rolled his eyes and I laughed.

"It's true, ya know." George said.

"What?" That this was a soap opera?

"Yer do look lovely today. I mean, yer look lovely everyday..." he rambled. "But yer look especially good today."

I smiled.

"Awe, Geo. Really?"

"I think so."

I blushed profusely and looked into his eyes, wanting more than anything to touch him, to kiss his lips. I wondered if he felt the same. Ringo randomly walked over and ruined the moment, placing a hand on George's shoulder.

"We're all out of loo rolls, mate. Don't forget to pick some up on the way home." he said bluntly, not quite realizing what he had just walked into. I busted out laughing.

"Yer really pick your moments, don't you?" George whispered fiercely. Ringo's eyes widened slightly and he quickly backed away. I smiled as George shook his head in annoyance.

"Home problems?" I teased. He smirked and set down his cup of tea. At that moment, John came back out, ready to get back to work. George walked away, leaving me to sigh dreamily and watch from my place at the back of the room.

🕒🕒🕒

We all went out for lunch that day to celebrate the completion of I Want to Hold Your Hand. John took us to one of the most elegant places in town and Cynthia joined us when we got there.

"Cyn!" Jane exclaimed, rushing over to hug her. She smiled, returning the embrace of the pretty red head and waved to me.

"Hello, Wendy!"

"Good to see you again, Cynthia." I said, crossing the room. I sat down in between them while the lads filled in around the table. It was nice having another gal there, especially someone more seasoned and experienced as Cyn who knew men better than Jane and I. It often got a bit rambunctious without Cyn to keep John in line. I swear he needed a full-time sitter. Unfortunately, having his wife present at the table didn't seem to sway him from his antics...in fact, his bad behavior only seemed to have improved.

The waiter arrived and John said casually, "We'll take four bottles of white wine, please."

Cynthia cast him a glance.

"John, we don't need-"

"That will be all for now." he said, waving his hand at the man and carelessly leaning back into the booth where he proceeded to stick a straw wrapper up his left nostril.