Chapter One: The Man Of Steel

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Two gunshots cracked into the air as loud as thunder but without the raw power of a storm. In comparison to the shotgun they were quiet, coming from one direction only. Even if they could have been mistaken for the cracks of an oncoming squall there wasn't a cloud in the sky. There was less blood this time, but it splattered over the previous corpse in the same thick crimson. The entrance wounds were small and close together, but the exit punctures were surrounded by lifted skin and melded into one giant hole.

Silvia didn't give the body a second glance as it fell to the ground in a crumble. "Now, who's next?"

The next gunshots came thick like winter hail. The tin projectiles cutting through the frozen air just as harshly as the last. Each one ripped into something, be it inanimate or living, some spilling tree sap as they exited their skulls, others stuck in the bone and chipping the scalp, but all with equal indifference. They hadn't even had the chance to fight before their corpses littered the park floor, but one was spared. The largest of the lot; thick neck, large biceps, and strong legs.

The pistol was thrown over her shoulder, leaving her with nothing but her bare hands. A grin stretched across her face, left invisible beneath her leather mask. Adrenaline pumped through Silvia's veins like it had been injected with a syringe, it pierced her skin and cycled through her body in full pelt.

The remaining criminal charged but this time the woman made no effort to move. She just stood there... waiting. The man swung his sharp knuckles her way and they smashed against her jaw with a loud, wet sound. It was a hard hit and left an ache on the side of her face, but there was no blood...nor broken bones. The only evidence that he had laid a hand on her was the grunt that broke from her throat.

She whipped her head back up, index finger trailing the length of her jaw; the fabric of her mask was rough to the touch.

"That hurt." She said lowly, a hint of amusement evident in her tone. She always gave the regular criminals the first hit. Silvia's balled fist collided with the thug's cheekbone, flaying his neck backward like a willow caught in the wind. As he stumbled, he nearly fell over the corpses of his 'friends'.

The masked figure slipped forward, stepping over the bloodied men only to kick the remaining one directly in the stomach. He lurched, doubling over with a gagged struggle for air. One hand shot up, trembling and soaked in the blood of his group of vermin. "Wh-What do you want?!" He gasped out, refusing to tear his gaze away from the crimson stained grass.

The answer came not in words, but in the loud 'thwack' of her bashing his head against her knee. There was a crack and a gush of blood - the man's nose had been broken. The criminal yelled out in pain and scurried backwards. One hand held onto his nose in agony and the other was held up at her in a symbol of surrender but it did not stop her from approaching him once more.

"That's enough!" An unfamiliar voice boomed from behind her.

"Am I gonna have to kill someone else?" Silvia threatened, flipping a throwing knife from her sleeve and turning around. The man that the voice belonged to was around 6'3 in height with jet black hair and bright blue eyes. He had more muscle in one arm than all of the thugs combined, let alone her. She seemed to freeze when her gaze dropped to the giant 'S' symbol on his chest. "Fuck."

There was a moment of complete and utter silence between the two. Superman was standing with his fists clenched and arms folded, jaw tightening in fury as he stared at the vigilante. She, however, was taken back by just how massive Superman was. She had heard stories, but never imagined that he'd come after someone as insignificant as her. The stories didn't do him justice, and certainly didn't prepare her for how tiny she felt in comparison.