"Oh, I'm sorry dear..." She said with a watery smile, moving to block me from what I had seen. "I just was..." I looked her in the eye, noticing that I wasn't the only one in pain by the loss of my mom. They had been childhood friends after all. I lost my mother, she lost her best friend.

"It's okay, may I drink it?" I asked, walking up next to her, offering my hand for the glass. She raised her brow, looking down at it.

"You're not old enough... Oh, fuck it... your mother would understand... right?" She said with a smile, handing me the glass. I gave her a reassuring smile, clinking our glasses together as we took a long sip. "To Miranda, the woman we miss dearly..." She said, taking another sip.

I smiled, shaking my head at the memory. Thanksgiving wasn't my favorite holiday, but I did love spending it with everyone. Christmas on the other hand... that was a lot harder to get through. Turned out, Lyndsey and Emalie had no one to spend it with also.

"So, any plans?" I asked from my seat on the couch. My drawing pad laid across my lap, drumming my pen on it. Lyndsey was playing some sort of war game on her Xbox, wearing some sort of massive headset. "Hello?" I watched as she gripped her controller tighter, the color of her knuckles turning a whitish color.

"You made me die, thanks." She said with a huff, leaning back against the sofa. I rose a brow in amusement, smiling back at her as she glared at me.

"You died, simply because you suck." I winked. I watched as her ears turned slightly red, letting me know she was getting pretty heated. Then she looked at me a gleeful look about her.

"So, you think you could do better? Because I'm in first place right now." She spoke with such an ego. She picked up the controller once more and started to play. "That's what I thought."

"Yeah yeah yeah... Anyway... are you going to answer me now?" I asked, noticing that someone had killed her once again. "It appears, you still suck." I laughed, placing my pad on the side table with Lyndsey staring me with daggers in her eyes.

"You're bad luck, do you know that?" She said with a blank face, making me burst out in laughter. I rolled my eyes at her bitchy face, kicking her lightly. "Plans for what?"

"You don't listen to me, do you?" I frowned, with an actual bit of sadness laced in my voice. Though, I'm pretty sure she didn't even notice it. I clenched my jaw when laughter came from the kitchen. I looked over Lyndsey to see that Emalie was smiling behind the counter, chopping away at something.

"Whenever she's playing, everyone has always been bad luck. She doesn't care if you're the pope. You'll be near invisible at that point." I noticed that her accent was thicker than Lyndsey's when she said certain words. "Like watch...Lyndsey, can I steal your pretty cars?" Emalie asked, giving me a wink. I looked back to the brunette, who was concentrating on the game.

"Yeah, sure whatever you want." She said with a careless wave of her hand. My eyes fell to Emalie, who was wearing a smile on her face while shaking her head.

"So, what are your plans for Christmas?" She asked motioning for me to sit at the island. I stood up, walking only for a brief second in front of Lyndsey.

"Hey, come on!" She yelled, glaring at me. I laughed, waving her off as I took my seat in front of Emalie.

"Oh, just ignore her." She said, cutting what I assumed was a potato, "So?" She said as she looked up to me, still cutting the vegetable. 'Jesus, if I did that I'd chop my hand off!'